Private parking fines

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
Interesting discussion on manufacturers mileage figures [there's evidently a new more realistic test almost ready but the manufacturers want it postponed for several years :rolleyes:] , potholes and private parking fines on RADIO 4 "you and yours" this morning.
One contribution from an " industry"representative from the British Parking Association How to appeal against a ticket talking about the POPLA appeals process POPLA
and the other from Barrie Segal who runs this site Appeal Your Parking Ticket, Parking Tickets Parking Fines

I know which one I would go with.;)

worth a listen?

BBC iPlayer - You and Yours: Green Deal take-up and car company MPG claims

Just don't pay them, I ignore all mine and after about 6 warnings they give up.

They have to prove loss of earnings for the people who are hiring them, which is nigh on impossible, and usually you are parked there seeing said company anyway.

They are non enforceable invoices that have the appearance of a ticket.. Do not pay :)

Just don't pay them, I ignore all mine and after about 6 warnings they give up.

They have to prove loss of earnings for the people who are hiring them, which is nigh on impossible, and usually you are parked there seeing said company anyway.

This, ignore. Only councils and the police can fine you, anyone else is simply a charge.

The law has changed gents. The Registered Keeper can now be sued.

The law has changed gents. The Registered Keeper can now be sued.

Yeah they can, but any judge will ask the parking company to prove that there was a financial loss to whomever they were representing.
If you were in with the said company would they really back up the parking company and take you to court?

There was a case where they had fined someone who parked in B&Q's car park for over two hours, he argued that there was 207 spaces of which no more than a dozen were being used, so how could they have lost any potential business with him being there over the 2 hour period?

The judge asked if B&Q were suing the defendant, they replied that no, they were because they had bought the rights to patrol that car park, the judge then said in that case they had absolutely no right to claim any damages as none existed.

Throw them away.

Just ignore them, their not worth the paper their written on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom