Private Plate - cheap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rossyl

Car
CLK 230K W208 Coupe (1999)(Auto)
After a private plate, cheap as possible. Maybe with initials RAL.

But let me know what you've got, as I'm not overly fussed.

Cheers
R

ive got k19 bet and m2 pwt if theyre any good to you?

neither have any meaning to me, it's entirely price dependant. PM please.

I'm looking for an AMG inspired plate if any are knocking about/available

The DVLA generally has the cheapest registration numbers, if that's the overriding criterium. They start at £250, including the assignment fee. You can search for RAL and see if you like anything. The earliest available £250 registrations are J--- RAL. There's also a two-digit registration left (T29 RAL) at this price.

I'm looking for an AMG inspired plate if any are knocking about/available

There are just two left at the DVLA for £499 all in: Y700 AMG and Y800 AMG. Others are at least double that.

I've just found BO53 AMG for £250 on the DVLA web site. It almost says BOSS AMG. Bargain!

Last edited:
S15 SVB (SL55 V8) available if anyone is interested.

£250 is a bit much to be honest. I was hoping to pick up a plate dirt cheap, then the majority of the cost go on the transfer.

Thank you all for your help.

Well your not really going to find one cheaper. DVLA price includes the £80 assignment fee and £250 is the cheapest they do.

You may see plates cheaper on a site like newreg but they add on an admin fee and assignment fee onto their advertised price.

Your best bet is to keep an eye on ebay and see if a plate with R4L or RAL comes up. http://motors-parts.shop.ebay.co.uk/Cherished-Numbers-/421/i.html?_npmv=3

Last edited:
Well your not really going to find one cheaper. DVLA price includes the £80 assignment fee and £250 is the cheapest they do.

You may see plates cheaper on a site like newreg but they add on an admin fee and assignment fee onto their advertised price.

Your best bet is to keep an eye on ebay and see if a plate with R4L or RAL comes up. Cherished Numbers, number plate, private plate, car number plates items at low prices on eBay.co.uk

Agree you won't find much cheaper than 250 as that includes the £80 transfer fee already so the plate is really only £170 :D

You may find some Irish plates for about £50 + fees but I wouldn't bother to be honest...

As suggested keep a look out on ebay but unless you buy from the DVLA directly you will either incurr a transfer fee or a charge to add your details to a Retention Certificate.

thanks Guys.

Plan was to get a plate off eBay or a forum for cheap, say sub £100, then pay the £80 transfer.

The cheapest plate may be £250 on the DVLA, but its not to say that the real value is actually £250.

If you happen to come across anything, please let me know.

thanks Guys.

Plan was to get a plate off eBay or a forum for cheap, say sub £100, then pay the £80 transfer.

The cheapest plate may be £250 on the DVLA, but its not to say that the real value is actually £250.

If you happen to come across anything, please let me know.

Good luck is all I will say.............

My friend found an old snotter of a car on ebay that came with a private plate that had his initials in it. Bought the car for £300 transfered the plate onto his own car and then relisted the old crappy Rover back on ebay and it went for £590. He MOT'd it but it went straight through, so he got a plate for nothing doing that!

You may find some Irish plates for about £50 + fees but I wouldn't bother to be honest...

Look on eBay. You can get cheap NI plates for a tenner or less, plus transfer. However, they look (IMHO) cheap and tacky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom