Private Reg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmy

MB Enthusiast
Car
Discovery 3 TDV6, Discovery 300TDi - Plaything!
Thought you might find this funny:
t05%20ser.jpg

Appropiate??:D

having fun with your numberplate kit already then eh' jimmy ?

Originally posted by Wheelie
I could do with that plate for a guy at work!!!!

I think we all know someone who could use a plate like that - fortunately they usually do such a good job of announcing their "status" they don't need a plate to advertise it.

Andy

I always thought 'P155 OFF' would be a good plate to have :D

S.

i saw a cracker.

X351 ARO

Which if seen in your rear view mirror reads :

ora1 5ex

hehe , amused me anyway

ther was a guy used to drive around Nottingham with 130 LOX on his roller (the same plate was also on his lotus and his wifes Mini at some stage)

Another from around the same time was a west indian guy's 3 litr capri with the plate SAM 801 rearranged to read SAMBO 1 :)

Andy

I know it's slightly off topic, but I have always had a soft spot for this plate - it belongs to a friend who has an 'impressive' Subaru WRX to say the least..... (check the beast out )

In Queensland, Australia you can purchase plates with your own colour scheme and artwork for a few hundred dollars more (one off cost). He registered a company/trading name called "At the wheels" in order to get that written across the bottom.

plate.jpg
here

There is an old lady driving around Woking in an old (10 years +) white Corolla. Her plate is H1. What do you think it is worth?

I have been so tempted to follow her and offer something for the car and plate but affraid she would die from shock if I did so!!!

I saw a new SL55 yesterday with the plate 'D7'
Actualy it didn't have a plate, just a small GB sized sticker on the front with D7 on it. Looked very clean with no front plates!

Fudger at the end of the day you would have a White Corolla....some one may see you in it....lol

Seriously the plate must be worth a fortune.

I have seen some very obscure mixed up reg plates ...how people are getting away with them is beyond me.

703 (JOE?)

Originally posted by scotth_uk
I know it's slightly off topic, but I have always had a soft spot for this plate - it belongs to a friend who has an 'impressive' Subaru WRX to say the least..... (check the beast out )

In Queensland, Australia you can purchase plates with your own colour scheme and artwork for a few hundred dollars more (one off cost). He registered a company/trading name called "At the wheels" in order to get that written across the bottom.

plate.jpg
here

I saw S10 BHP (Reads 510 BHP) for sale in last weeks Top Marques magazine. Appropriate for the Murcielago apparently according to the ad.

H1 is worth over £100 000 pounds it is the first plate issued in 1903 not sure which area. Any single letter and upto 3 numbers are from 1903 the first plate being A1 issued in London . I have the plate M600 on my Saab so its the 600th plate issued in Cheshire.

£100k + !!

I don't have an issue with private plates (not exactly in a position to criticise !!) - I think they make a nice personal finishing touch to a car, but when it gets to the point where the plate is actually worth MORE than the car its on .... I do find that quite amusing !!

S.

If only one new in the old days what their plates were worth some of us would be rather rich by now. That only applies to us oldies of course. he he

With number plates its a case of less is more

1 letter 1 number = lots of cash

MB 1 was up for sale at around 175k

Originally posted by mbz 6
H1 is worth over £100 000 pounds it is the first plate issued in 1903 not sure which area. Any single letter and upto 3 numbers are from 1903 the first plate being A1 issued in London . I have the plate M600 on my Saab so its the 600th plate issued in Cheshire.

That's interesting; I'd like to know the areas now...out of curiosity! Any ideas anyone?

I have the list of all the 2 letter codes and which area they were issued.
For example
AG Hull
BG Liverpool
PG Guildford

Every one seems to of caught on with this number plate lark, I have been after a personal plate for a few years but the prices are silly. I last night found 9 AW for £35,000, the wife couldnt see the point. I remember bikes that I had in the 1970's with prefix 1 number and 3 letters, wish I had kept them now. The truck manufacturer JCB have a fleet of JCB plates, Joe Bamford in the early 60's went to the area in the country for CB and purchased a load of brand new motor scooters, his roller had JCB 1 on it.

A guy local to me called Ernest had ERN 1E on his roller.

I want **4 NDY, NDY originates in Manchester apparently, oh well keep looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom