Private registration and original registration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

f17ant

Car
W205 C63 Saloon
Hey everyone

Got a simple question hopefully you guys can help with.

My dad currently has my private registration on his car and I want to now put it on my C63. (his car registered to him, my C63 to me)

Obviously the procedure is not hard we will jump on online and fill everything out quick and easy BUT the plates have been on his car for so long none of us remember his original registration.

When we fill out the online forms will it show his original number plate? Or we going to have to wait for his new V5 to arrive

Antony

When you do it all online it will show you the plate to be reasigned to his car, I seem to remember they should also give you a document to print off to get a set of plates made.

When we fill out the online forms will it show his original number plate? Or we going to have to wait for his new V5 to arrive

When you put his plate on retention (£80) it will allocate a registration that can be put on his car , this maybe the existing reg or maybe a different age related allocation . Between all the cars in our household we have done this a few times and it always has reverted back to the original reg.

As soon as the above is done then a new V5 will be sent the keepers address.

When the retention cert arrives you can then allocate it to your car straight away.

K

When you do it all online it will show you the plate to be reasigned to his car, I seem to remember they should also give you a document to print off to get a set of plates made.
Thanks buddy I thought so too. Can't wait to get my plates back 😁

When you put his plate on retention (£80) it will allocate a registration that can be put on his car , this may / or not be the existing reg or maybe a different age related allocation . Between all the cars in our household we have done this a few times and it always has reverted back to the original reg.

As soon as the above is done then a new V5 will be sent the keepers address.

When the retention cert arrives you can then allocate it to your car straight away.

K
Thanks buddy I thought so too 😁

Funnily enough I've just tfd my personal reg to a newer car, and it's reverted back to another personal plate that was on it when I bought it and let laps, they haven't put it back to the original first registration.

If the car is older than 1998 then you can't do it online you have to do it at a designated post office

Funnily enough I've just tfd my personal reg to a newer car, and it's reverted back to another personal plate that was on it when I bought it and let laps, they haven't put it back to the original first registration.
That's how it works, it keeps reverting to the previously registered plate until it finally gets down to the original plate issued at first registration.

It's all very quick, as @roviw1 stated your immediately emailed the doc to get the revised plates, and the retention cert to move your plate over. V5 arrives in the post about 3 working days later.

However, if the first registered was a personal one that has since been retained, you'll be given a new age-related reg.

Dont forget to notify your / his insurance company of the change.

K

And your Congestion Charge account online....

And the parking apps (Ringo, Pay-by-Phone)...

And the Residents Parking Permit (if you have one).

And your Congestion Charge account online....

And the parking apps (Ringo, Pay-by-Phone)...

And the Residents Parking Permit (if you have one).
My dad can barely use a mobile 📱😂

Most of that stuff is all linked to my mobile anyways apart from the parking apps he doesn't go anywhere where he needs them

If the car is older than 1998 then you can't do it online you have to do it at a designated post office
I had this on the back of my mind as my dad's car is a 1997 and had no troubles yesterday doing it online 🙌🏼

I think what happened was the plate looked like a personal plate but was actually the original plate hence not being able to assign the new no online

I think what happened was the plate looked like a personal plate but was actually the original plate hence not being able to assign the new no online
Maybe, least it went through

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom