problem bleeding rear brakes on w211 2007

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonykirt72

Car
Mercedes E320 cdi sport
Hi, I have replaced a brake pipe on rear of car but having trouble bleeding it, using a pressure bleeder I am getting good flow from front but only a slow strickle from rear, is this normal? have bled a few times but still very spongy pedal, it's not fitted with sbc, any advise appreciated, many thanks

Have a look inside the tank for the brake fluid, is yours like so many with a double section inside .If so you have only filled the front one you need to get fuid in to the other part of the tank .If you fill it to the top it will fluid will flow over the section in to the rear compartment ..only an idea .

Try it with the engine running. The abs unit may pump it 4u.

I agree with post #2.
Last year I refitted all brakes on my 2009 W211 E280 CDI Sports Estate.
I changed the brake fluid and bled all round using the pedal and a self-closing valve tube immersed in a jar of fluid.
It took a bit of pumping with the pedal, but that worked OK for me.
I did not do it with the engine running.
Do check that both of the compartments in the master cylinder reservoir are full when pumping.

Have you done the brake pipes without kinks in them? The master cylinder may have failed too. Did you at anytime pump the pedal with no or little fluid in it?

When using pressure bleeder it is filling cylinder to brim so both tanks would be full if it has 2, no kinks but it's only trickle on other side too wich hasn't been touched, will give it one more go and see what happens

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom