Problem connecting an auto-dimming RVM for a W203

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swl

Hi,

Hope one of you who bought an auto-dimming RVM for a W203 from R2D2 recently can help.

The auto-dimming RVM I got from R2D2 has an 8-pin connector. The socket in the car requires a 6-pin connector.

Question: Does your W203 auto-dimming RVM come with a 8-pin connector? If so, how did you fit it to the 6-pin socket?

Thanks.

swl said:
Hi,

Hope one of you who bought an auto-dimming RVM for a W203 from R2D2 recently can help.

The auto-dimming RVM I got from R2D2 has an 8-pin connector. The socket in the car requires a 6-pin connector.

Question: Does your W203 auto-dimming RVM come with a 8-pin connector? If so, how did you fit it to the 6-pin socket?

Thanks.

I bought the plastic white shell from my dealer. Then came the problem of fitting the pins to the correct locations. Should be in the archives here.

miro said:
I bought the plastic white shell from my dealer.

Hi Miro,

What is the plastic white shell?

Regards,
swl

miro said:
shell = connector. Mercedes also calls them housings.

Hi,

Does anybody have a part number for this item?
Thanks.

swl

swl said:
Hi,

Does anybody have a part number for this item?
Thanks.

swl

I will risk blood loss to insects and ridicule by my fashion statement to go into my storage area and find this connector.

*trundles outside*

CAVEAT: Last night I was kept awake at 3am by a helicopter. I can assure you it was not the fashion police and that in turn I am not a terrorist. I dont know how much local news floats onto UK beaches but that stuff about Sydney bombers was around my place.

*10X optical loupe*

A 035 545 46 28 - 6 pin white.

Also colour coded on the OCP panel sticker showing where it plugs into.

The pinout of where the pins go in the archive.

search: "pinout"

Thanks Miro for that help. Youve beaten me to it. Then hopefully SWL can get auto dimming working.................next the drivers door mirror! Now that is a hard mod to do!

Sorry, swl - only just seen this post - I don't think I can help too much... :eek:

I literally just removed the old one, fed the cable of the new one into the slot for it above the front interior light cluster and it just fitted perfectly - job done.

Best of luck

Steve
:)

Hi Miro,

Is this the thread you are referring to?
http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=14476&highlight=pinout

As you said in that thread, "I have the 6 pin diagram and the COLOURS are NOT shown making the pin numbers useless." Where can I get the colours for the 6-pin.

BTW the number underneath the auto-dimming RVM (near cable) says 2.220 511-3 Is this the correct part number for a W203 saloon?

Edit* Just saw another set of numbers on the plastic bit. it is: I E1 01 10 111

I'm asking this since splang said that he just had to plug his in. (Thanks, splang for your reply)

Thanks.

swl

Last edited:
swl said:
Hi Miro,

Is this the thread you are referring to?
http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=14476&highlight=pinout

As you said in that thread, "I have the 6 pin diagram and the COLOURS are NOT shown making the pin numbers useless." Where can I get the colours for the 6-pin.

BTW the number underneath the auto-dimming RVM (near cable) says 2.220 511-3 Is this the correct part number for a W203 saloon?

Edit* Just saw another set of numbers on the plastic bit. it is: I E1 01 10 111

I'm asking this since splang said that he just had to plug his in. (Thanks, splang for your reply)

Thanks.

swl

Time for a photo.

Hi Miro,

I have ordered the part A 035 545 46 28 - 6 pin white from the dealer. German call it (STECKER) and not stock in the UK; need
to ship from Germany and it cost £1.57 inc VAT.

Re "Also colour coded on the OCP panel sticker showing where it plugs into."

What does OCP stand for? Sorry for all this questions from an ignorant female. Hopefully, will get the mirror sorted once and for all when I get the part.

I really appreciate all your help. Hope you didn't get bitten by any mossies when you went out to your storage area.

Thanks.

swl

Well done SWL, you'll get there in the end. I wonder why your car has a different plug to everyone else?

swl said:
Hi Miro,

I have ordered the part A 035 545 46 28 - 6 pin white from the dealer. German call it (STECKER) and not stock in the UK; need
to ship from Germany and it cost £1.57 inc VAT.

Re "Also colour coded on the OCP panel sticker showing where it plugs into."

What does OCP stand for? Sorry for all this questions from an ignorant female. Hopefully, will get the mirror sorted once and for all when I get the part.

I really appreciate all your help. Hope you didn't get bitten by any mossies when you went out to your storage area.

Thanks.

swl

STECKER is German for PLUG .....

OCP = overhead control panel

All women are ignorant until they see a department store or a younger and sexier woman walking past. Then they suddenly discover that the man next to them requires additional attention. So guys always go to a department store during fashion week and your wife will do nothing but look into your eyes all afternoon.

I was more worried about the mussies than the mossies. Those inbred blood thirsty exploding insects live in my area.

Pin 1 - grey / blue
Pin 4 - pink / red
Pin 6 - brown

Maybe you can write down the pin order of the 8 pin model so that when i sell my mirror to this man with a W208 I can repin my mirror to match his car.

There are 2 unused pins. Tape those up neatly.

Hi Miro,

As requested:

Pin 1 - pink/black
Pin 4 - grey /blue
Pin 5 - pink/red
Pin 6 - pink/green
Pin 8 - brown

Pin 2, 3 and 7 are not used.

Mirror is now working. Thanks for your help and R2D2, too.

Cheers.

swl

miro said:
STECKER is German for PLUG .....

OCP = overhead control panel

All women are ignorant until they see a department store or a younger and sexier woman walking past. Then they suddenly discover that the man next to them requires additional attention. So guys always go to a department store during fashion week and your wife will do nothing but look into your eyes all afternoon.

I was more worried about the mussies than the mossies. Those inbred blood thirsty exploding insects live in my area.

Pin 1 - grey / blue
Pin 4 - pink / red
Pin 6 - brown

Maybe you can write down the pin order of the 8 pin model so that when i sell my mirror to this man with a W208 I can repin my mirror to match his car.

There are 2 unused pins. Tape those up neatly.

Excellent :bannana:

Do you keep covering up the back sensor to make the mirror go dark!! :cool:
swl said:
Hi Miro,

As requested:

Pin 1 - pink/black
Pin 4 - grey /blue
Pin 5 - pink/red
Pin 6 - pink/green
Pin 8 - brown

Pin 2, 3 and 7 are not used.

Mirror is now working. Thanks for your help and R2D2, too.

Cheers.

swl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom