Problem fitting Pioneer headunit to Bose system (W208)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coshy

Car
Clk 230K Cabriolet - Fully loaded
Hi, i'm new to the forum, i've just bought a W208 mercedes CLK which is fully loaded, it's got the Bose stereo system but came with an old jvc head unit, this works fine.

I've tried fitting my Pioneer DEH-P700BT the headunit powers up fine but for some reason no sound will come out of the speakers?

I've tried other units in the merc and they all work fine and ive also tried the pioneer in other cars and that works fine..

I was wandering if anyone would be able to help??

Thanks Tim

Do you have the correct iso block for this vehicle?

K

I believe so, the headunit plugs in fine, exactly the same as the others, the headunit powers up in the car, cd plays, but just no sound comes out!?

bit of a weird one then, as if other head units work then so should this one... do you get any sort of noise from the speakers, static or even the beep from when you go through the functions?

K

Aren't the Bose amplifiers a bit pernickety about the input voltage they recieve ?

No, no sound atall, i know the headunit works, and its top of the range so should be ok, the headunit i took out of the merc was a budget jvc one which worked fine..?

Possible you've blown the output on the headunit while fiddling ? have you wired it up to a set of speakers outside of the car to test it ?

ive tried the headunit in my mates car and it works fine, and the speakers in the merc work fine with every other headunit :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom