Problem with Command?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

such01

SUPPORTER
Car
E350 CDI W212
My command behaved quite peculiar earlier today. On the phone screen, it displayed "MyNumber" with my number displayed.
When I tried to make a call, it came up with NOT CONNECTED, even though the phone was connected and the signal was strong.
I noticed that I had no radio output, although the screen functionality was fine, tried CD, and it would load and show the track screen, but would not play.

Flicked through radio / fm / dab and no sound whatsoever.
ON turning off and restarting, the radio volume was back for 3 sec then it went silent.

I restarted the ignition, and same as above.
In the end, i did a reset via the settings menu and I have the sound back, but am now unable to pair my iphone5s, which was a doddle before.
I have tried more than 10 times, about to go out and try again!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Can't comment on why you can't pair, but that 'my number' malarkey can happen when an app connects to the head unit using a hfp bluetooth protocol. Basically the phone is talking to the head unit as if it were on a call, so it can interrupt even if it is not set as an audio source.
If that makes sense.

Last edited:
Sorry just saw you are. I had this in my S212. It went away with the latest iOS update.

Mine was showing the phone in the top right of the comand screen as if I was making a call. If I pressed the hang up button nothing happened. It hasn't happened since iOS 10.0.2

Thanks for the replies, I am on the latest IOS

I'll have another go at pairing

All working now, phone paired up eventually!.

It does make sense that the problem was caused by the phone, I couldn't check at the time as the phone was in the armrest and I was driving.

I do remember that the Columbus system on the VRS got stuck in call mode a few times, so more than likely what Ted suggested.

Thanks for your help

Glad it's sorted. Yes, Ted's explanation sounds like the issue I had. It must have been something to do with the update.

View attachment 60092 Guidance instructions then come through as a call, overriding whatever source you are listening to. (Sorry, couldn't edit post)

Last edited:
i don't use navigation on my phone, but I'll check.
I assume I need to have play as BT all off then?

Thanks

It could have been any app that tried to connect.
You can listen on any source - radio, usb etc.
With the hfp profile the phone will overide the source you are listening to when it want to butt in.

couldn't find the navigation settings in google maps. Just "location, microphone, background app and mobile data"

thanks I found it in the end but the play over BT is not enabled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom