PROBLEM with radio/cd player

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

delb0y

Car
W124 300 E // W211 320 cdi
hi folks

my unit seems to have frozen and doesnt turn off there is no sound just the lights are on ... anyone know how to sort this problem?

Trying pulling it out and removing the power plug from the back. Make sure you have the code first though. If you don't have the removal tools then just call in at a car hi-fi place and ask nicely...

i dont have a code for it .. where could i get the code ?

anyone know if u need keys to remove the unit?

delb0y said:
i dont have a code for it .. where could i get the code ?

W203s do not have a code for the HU... I enquired about this as I never recieved any pin code with my documentation on any of my cars upon the handover from the Stealerships.

If the pin code did apply to your car (which it does not) then you could obtain the code from DC Customer Services but would have to provide ID and proof of ownership etc. first!!!

delb0y said:
anyone know if u need keys to remove the unit?

Yes you need the two keys/tools which are inserted into the vertical side slots on the HU in order to release the unit. You could buy these from Stealership Parts Dept or if find a friendly Staelership they may even send someone out to do it for you as it only takes seconds to do.

i fixed this problem by disconnecting the battery for a while and reconnecting it .. it just needed a reset

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom