Problem with the New Groove Music

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

artyman

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Kia E-Niro ex C 200 CDI Sport
I've been having a sort out of a load of MP3 files on my PC, previously I just clicked on a file and it would fire up the program or app as it is now I suppose! and would play the file, however now some of the MP3's don't play. On a music forum I'm on I click on a link get the dialogue box asking if I want to open or download, select open, the app fires up but no joy in playing the file, which it used to do previously.

The app doesn't have any Menu or settings that look appropriate to fiddle with, just do you want to go to the google store etc!! I'm tearing out what little hair I have left.

When you click a link on a forum to an mp3 file, and choose open, it's likely opening it with the browser's built in player.

.mp3 files on your computer won't be doing that. You'll need a program/application to deal with .mp3 file types.

If windows, install VLC. If Mac, install VLC. If Linux, install VLC. :)

It'll play pretty much everything you can throw at it and is free.

You might already have something to play them, if you right click and go to open with, you might be able to choose something that looks likely.

Other that what iconica mentioned, are your speakers working?

Haven't accidentally switched the onboard speaker set from default or anything, can you get sound by clicking up and down on the volume bar?

Yes speakers are working OK, mp3 files are associated with Groove music so it fires up when a files is clicked in the web browser. Files also play in Audacity which I use as my sound editor

Uninstall Groove music and download VLC as suggested above.
Then go to settings > default apps and point your music and video files to open in VLC.

I've given up on this problem I don't have the time to waste I've set Windows Media Player as the default so back to using that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom