Problems after wheelchange

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dhellvik

Hi!

I have a problem with my w202, 1994, C180.
The problem is that when i changed over from my summertires to my wintertires that suddenly there came a vibration and a noise that depends on the speed i am driving. The rythm of the noise and vibrasion goes faster when i pick up more speed. Could this have something to do with the balancing of the tires? I did not have this problem with my 16" summer tires. Has anybody else had this same problem? My cruisecontroll doesnt work either now. It worked perfectly before the wheelchange. Now it hardly works. Could this also have somthing to do with the problem?

I did not find another thread with my exact same problem. Sorry that my english writing is not good (From Norway).

your english writing is better than alot of english people i know

ive been told that if the tyre sizes are wrong then the cruise controll wont work

your english writing is better than alot of english people i know

ive been told that if the tyre sizes are wrong then the cruise controll wont work

What could be causing the vibration and the noise then? The size of the tires look pretty normal to me. I will check the tire size in the morning.

Hi there ,

Are the winter tyres the same size as the summer tyres ?

Have you fitted them before ( in winters past ) or are they brand new ?

Did you have the winter tyres balanced when they were fitted ?

If the winter wheels are new , is there any chance they are damaged in some way ?

vibration defo sounds like balancing, try swapping you fronts back to summer tyres and see if it still vibrates, if it stops it will be balancing on your winter rims

Hi there ,

Are the winter tyres the same size as the summer tyres ?

Have you fitted them before ( in winters past ) or are they brand new ?

Did you have the winter tyres balanced when they were fitted ?

If the winter wheels are new , is there any chance they are damaged in some way ?

I have not fitted them before. I bought the car 3 months ago so. I did not balance the tires before i putted them on. But i will get them balanced and checked for damage on monday. Lets hope that will help.

You guys will hear from me if the problem isnt solved.

Thanks alot for the help.

If the windter tyres weren't balanced when fitted , i'd be surprised if balancing doesn't sort them out !

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom