Problems with all my vehicles this week - beat that?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welland99

Car
W210 E280 estate 1999 facelift; 6th gen honda accord coupe 2000
I think i have had the worst luck of my life with my vehicles this week:

1) Sunday morning trying to go to church, the 210 refused. It started and stopped immediately three times. It's never done that before. :dk:So we gave up and we all got in the Accord.

2) Had a dicky starter in the Accord for a while now. Sometimes, at the first attempt, the solenoid clicks, but nothing else happens. Previously, it has always started at the second attempt, but this time, three attempts and just clicking. :eek:. Really scratching my head at this point, so put it in gear and rocked it back and forth (quite hard as drive on a slope). Luckily it started at the next attempt. :thumb:.

(tried the 210 again after church and it started fine, just like normal. It's been fine since:confused:)

3) Went to get motorbike out of the garage to go to work on Wednesday and back tyre dead flat. Had a nail in it!!

Has anybody else had a problem with ALL their vehicles this week (vehicle count >1)?:(

Someone down there really didn't want you to go to church that morning. :devil: Did anything significant happen when you got there in the end?

Either that, or bad luck. :D

I remember replacing the cats on my SL a few years back, at about £1400, and the following day a fuel pump went on a diesel Vectra, which cost me just under £1500.

In the 'sod's law' vein, the morning of my driving test, about 40 years ago, my driving instructor (who lived opposite) came over to say his car wasn't ready from having a clutch fitted, so I would have to lose my last lesson and have to find another car for the test. The speedo didn't work in my mother's car, and my next door neighbour's car wouldn't start. Although I worked at a Ford dealership, they weren't insured for learner drivers. A mechanic there lent me his car, a 1950's Wolseley 1500, with 15 minutes to spare before my test - which I passed!

My 210 failed its MOT with a broken rear spring :mad:. Wife's Mazda 3 went in at the same time and also failed with a broken spring :doh:! Took the RX7 out for a run the same weekend and the aircon decided to pack-up :wallbash:! That just left the supermarket hack (Mazda 323) - its 13 years old with 116k miles and has never once broken down, or needed much outside of routine wear and tear items - thankfully that continued to work faultlessly.:bannana:
Oh and two of the mountain bikes decided to get punctures about the same time :crazy:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom