Problems with my C class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I work for range rover and they have the same problem condensation in the headlights they say that's normal something to do with the vents that cool them down but they never tell the people that buy them about it

Hi , if I park my car up hill next to the wall in my parking space no issues.However , if I park my car down hill the condensation returns in the head lights !

Strange but true

Yes, it seems like it's just part of the way Mercedes has designed these LED units. I have noticed the same condensation in other Mercs that have LEDs including newer ones.

I had the issue of condensation in my w213 e220d. Complained and they kept saying it was normal. Then one day the drivers side headlight went kapput! Cost £1500 :( After a lot of to and fro got it for half price. What happens is the condensation turns to water and goes down the headlight electrics and ballast and blows it! While the car was there got them to do the MB selica gel 'fix' on the passanger side headlight. Now i just change the selica gel every couple of months :)

Anyway went for a service yesterday and complained about the condensation on the new headlight as well as still under warranty and got them to do the same fix on that headlight as well :) Not ideal but better than £1500 a pop!

When I bought my Mercedes in February 2021(lockdown) I emailed with a long list of what I was expecting prior to agreeing price. No swirl marks on the black paint, no scratches on the piano black central console , decent alloy wheels , (not poor smart repair), appropriate set of decent tyres ,full service history etc etc.They promised all would be fine but then on delivery said “It is a used car Sir , if you want perfection you should buy new”.

The car was well presented except for some minor stuff which they put right Although I was disappointed to find they had not changed the differential oil as promised but did the gearbox by mistake.They have done the diff now but the old oil looks very contaminated and I am sending to Miller Oils for expert analysis.

Yes the Feedback reviews are important to the dealers and the sales team will nudge you into providing a good review.I really think the dealers need to step up on the quality of their stock the faults you mention are not acceptable and yes you can reject a car sold at distance in 14 days and maybe make the threat to reject unless they agree to rectify the issue (get it in writing/email).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom