Problems with voice control on Map Pilot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Grant Hood

Car
E220 estate
I have a new Map Pilot with all the latest updates and upgrades but I am unable to get any sense out of the voice control. It does not understand anything I say and come up with gibberish on the screen. The product works fine manually . Is it me or is the voice control rubbish from the start?. It took a lot of searching to get it to change from default German to English. I have tried phonetic spelling and using simple instructions like HOME but no go.
Any feed back?

Grant Hood said:
I have a new Map Pilot with all the latest updates and upgrades but I am unable to get any sense out of the voice control. It does not understand anything I say and come up with gibberish on the screen. The product works fine manually . Is it me or is the voice control rubbish from the start?. It took a lot of searching to get it to change from default German to English. I have tried phonetic spelling and using simple instructions like HOME but no go.
Any feed back?

I tried a few times and dont even attempt to try and use it now. I found if you just say a city it could get there on first or second attempt but forget it for street names etc. you will find using the rotary dial control can be quite quick with practice. The postcode update has made that pretty slick now too :)

I tried a few times and dont even attempt to try and use it now. I found if you just say a city it could get there on first or second attempt but forget it for street names etc. you will find using the rotary dial control can be quite quick with practice. The postcode update has made that pretty slick now too :)

Hmmm I found the voice control to be really good, but you do have to talk rather posh and clear to it.....

With the postcode have they removed the auto suggestion to allow you to put a full code in rather than having to keep hitting back to continue??

With the postcode have they removed the auto suggestion to allow you to put a full code in rather than having to keep hitting back to continue??

Yes, it's much better after the latest update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom