Problems with W203 interior pollen filter replacement.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stewbacca3

Car
w203 320 CDI
Hello,
I have a UK spec C320 CDI (2006) and I'm in the process of replacing the interior pollen filter. I have followed online videos to remove the cover under the passenger footwell and have found a large box that I cannot open.

I can see obvious screws to remove the adjacent parts (I assume the blower motor) but the box seems to be totally sealed and I have no idea how to open it.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.
Thank you.
Stewart
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

I'm sure the pollen filter on W203's is under the bonnet. In the back right hand corner (standing in front of the car, facing the engine) under a black plastic cover with three clips. Above the battery.

The black plastic cover you can see here...

Last edited:
Thanks for your quick reply grumpyoldgit. I have replaced the pollen filter under the bonnet. From reading online and checking euro car parts, I thought the W203 also has 2 small pollen filters which are inside the cabin. Perhaps I only have the one under the bonnet? I have seen a video of them being replaced on a US spec car but perhaps the UK ones dont have these?

Stewart

I just Googled it and all filters advertised for sale are this one, as far as I can see. Are you sure they related to W203 and not W202?

[YOUTUBE]watch?v=0awVQDwIHoE[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
I agree with Grumpy, the only one that I've found is the one under the bonnet

If you have Climatronic, there will be additional charcoal activated filter under the dash. If not it's only the one above the battery.

I think you are looking for the activated charcoal filters that are not fitted to all cars.
From the picture you do not have them fitted on your car.
There should be two oblong clip-in covers in the plastic cover in the picture. They are obvious if they are there.

Tony

Perhaps the things I have seen online are incorrectly advertised w202 items. On a different note, have you ever changed the alarm siren on your w203?

I just noticed your message Tony. Thanks for your help.

Stewart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom