Process after battery reconnection, R129

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Russf123

Car
E270, R129 SL500, Mitsi Shogun LWB
My SL500 is having a new custom exhaust fitted today and the battery has been disconnected due to welding required on the new exhaust to get the fit exactly right.
Is there anything I need to do to reprogram windows, roof, etc upon reconnection of battery?

Thanks

Russ

On my w208 the things to do are

BAS/ESP turn whell from lock to lock a couple of times to clear the error/lamps
Hold the electric window buttons for 5 secs with windows fully up (I also do this for the down position - dont know if it is needed).

Don't forget you will need your radio code if OEM.

Does the R129 have two batteries? If so I believe they both must be disconnected and reconnected in the correct order or it's possible to blow the SAM units

Not a lot to do on a R129, just keep the roof closed and afterwards take the windows up and down a few times holding at each end for a few seconds.
Test the roof, all should work fine.

If the roof was down during fitting you may need to manually assist it back to closed. From there it can sort itself out on next opening.

All sorted, engine now sounds a bit fruitier and no rattling cats! Reset the windows and ESP as you guys told me and all is good! Will upload pics of new exhaust section over the next couple of days
Thanks again to all
Russ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom