Professional garden power tools stolen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MD5

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
wme451 a124 r129 s211 r230
My brother in law is a one man gardening band, and has just had the following stolen from his van overnight:

1 Sthil petrol hedge trimmer
1 Stihl petrol combi tool and attachments (strimmer,lawn edger and long adjustable hedge trimmer
1 Stihl petrol leaf blower/vacuum

About £2k to replace.

Stolen from the Soham area of Ely, Cambs. Any info gratefully appreciated, thanks.

I do hope he is covered,it's his job they have taken as well.Rotten *****.

Have you looked on ebay?

We'll keep an eye out, thanks, but it may be a bit early yet. I don't know if the newish neighbours up the lane have internet in their caravan or vans, but the van isn't visible from the road, so it's probably local knowledge on the one night he didn't park it against his wall.

You can set up a trigger on ebay that alerts you to what you are looking for. This worked for me when my Electric Golf trolley was stolen. It turned up on ebay a week later. You then have to alert ebay and the Police as soon as you see it. Ebay will track the goods if they are sold on before the Police can mobilise.

If you were closer I could lend you some gardening gear. Not to Sthil standards but enough to get by.

Thank you, John, you're a treasure, as always.

He's ordered replacements, which should arrive Wednesday, and will then need pre delivery checks, so he's working around his schedule until then. Ironically, he's just had a parapet wall replaced with a 6' fall, obscuring any view of what he would have had before.
There is some low life out there!

Happens all the time unfortunately. My lads have been followed by the "fraternity a couple of times near our yard - they were sensible enough to drive in a circle.
It's one of the reasons I won't signwrite my vans now.
Sorry for his loss Mike.

Thanks, John. His van is hidden away up a lane at the side of his house overnight, so not seen from any passing traffic, which isn't to say he may not have been followed. He's had the sign written van for over three years now, and the other night was the first time he hadn't backed it into his corner, blocking both doors!

Soham is close to alot of Traveller's sites... (just saying)

Last edited:
Soham is close to alot of Traveller's sites... (just saying)

We'll keep an eye out, thanks, but it may be a bit early yet. I don't know if the newish neighbours up the lane have internet in their caravan or vans, but the van isn't visible from the road, so it's probably local knowledge on the one night he didn't park it against his wall.

I think they'll be putting cameras in shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom