Project 190E 400 quid ebay special to 3.2 beast W.I.P

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
Alright,

after owning my 190 for a year now thought id better pull my finger out and get something down.

So had a completely seperate project on the go and we saw a nice looking (but unloved) 190E 2.6 Sportline on ebay locally with a starting bid of 400 quid. I was umming and arring whether to bid just to break for the exhaust, shocks and springs. As it turned out i didnt bother and Dash bidded instead and won as the only bidder. So before he went to collect it we decided to go halves. After we collected it turned out to be a quite nice car under the grime so we thought sod it lets get it mot'd before we break it. It ended up going through the mot without spending a penny on it. So i decided to keep it and improve it a bit. With my other project dumped and dash bought out i could concentrate on sorting it out.

So what the car looked like originally, proper full sportline spec, including proper full humpy recaros front and rear, zender spoiler, remus exhaust and 16 style 2 reps

72520721.jpg

30755607.jpg

38496838.jpg

Humpy Cloth Recaros, funnily enough although they are the same front and rear as the 16v leather seats they are just so much more comfy than them

34932922.jpg

97085331.jpg

Tidy interior :)

68517342.jpg

So that was the car as i bought it, a bit rough round the edges but potentially something special but didnt stay like that for long ...

Its progress to follow

Excuse my crappy pic taking !!!

Brett

I have lurking in my garage some really black tamp lamp clusters. Probably too dark for their own good but shout if you would like them.

Some thing's have to be done.:)

You`ve done a hell of a Job mate,it really is something else now :devil:

And there was Brett trying to sell the car :wallbash: not easy finding another 190 that clean,let alone a 2.6 sportline

we will get to carat's bit soon enough :)

anyway, first bit of retoration was to get both sides resprayed as there was plenty of trolley dings, got the door handles and wing mirrors colour coded at the same time, also fitted 16v bumpers, sacco panels and skirts

60447111.jpg

60832401.jpg

69895200.jpg

56953846.jpg

next up some knocked up in my shed speaker pods and some amg fakery

9w3imag0231.jpg

8pedals.jpg

Next up a period amg sec steering wheel

9w1iq.jpg

Next up my barn find saphire cosworth recaro's - 25 years old and never fitted. Retrimmed with sportline / 16v material

9seats.jpg

9seats2.jpg

welded on to cut down 190 seats and fitted

9seats3.jpg

fitted with amg steering wheel

9w2.jpg

use for the left over material :) and zebrano wrapped

9w3g.jpg

next up a set of style 2's fitted

9wwwimag0187.jpg

16v arches bonded on

88190367.jpg

pic showing 7 1/2 rears

10wheels1.jpg

I wasnt happy with the 7 1/2 rears so changed for 8 1/2 rears and had all 4 wheels refurbed

10wheels2.jpg

Now that is pretty special.

Love the attention to detail even in the "trinket tray" next to the handbrake lever.

Them black rear lenses of mine are up for grabs. You could put them on on a "show day"

Ill send Dash a picture to his email addy. Perhaps even today.

Sorry mate, forgot to reply. Will certainly have A look at them :)

Next up , the engine. Despite the 2.6 being a lovely engine its a bit lacking in power. So weighed up a few options but this turned up local to me, a 190 with a 3.2 m104 already bunged in :)

16aimag0137rtf.jpg

So bought the car for a knocked down price as it was a bit tatty

The car was then sent off to Carat 3.6 to have the engine whipped out and bunged in my sportline.

No doubt Mr carat will be along to explain what went on next :)

Looking forward to this! Great looking car so far.

This is the donor after a few days with carat 3.6. :)

16awdsc01095.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom