Project Arizona, the rise of the Phonix...a wide body story

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
AMG and the AMG Private Lounge sponsored a track event in September at Laguna Seca Raceway in Salinas, CA. Members of the private lounge were invited to bring their vehicles for a meet and greet, sit in on their tech session and experience the hot laps in the CLS and SLS AMG around the track. They also offered an autocross event with their new C63 AMG coupes. That was a blast!

The event was sweetened by the wonderfully positive response to our coupe from many of contemporary AMG owners.

web.jpg

Looking for valve train specifications for the DOHC heads. Intake/exhaust valves, springs, cups and keepers. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

MBCA The Star Magazine. Jan/Feb issue feat. 48hp AMG 500SEC Widebody

Happy New Year and Greetings from the West Coast!

I wanted to take a moment to share the latest issue of the Star, published by Mercedes-Benz Club of America. The Star magazine is published bimonthly by MBCA for its members.

Our widebody coupe was fortunate to receive some recognition in the January/February issue. I hope you enjoy the read, and we collectively continue to spread Classic AMG and 126 awareness.

All the best!

Cheers,
Henric aka 48hp

Return of the Legend | Mercedes-Benz Club of America

5e13bbf1.jpg

Mercedes Enthusiast - July 2012

Mercedes Enthusiast - July 2012

Nice little read on our wide body coupe in this month's ME. Hope you enjoy.'

Cover_web1.jpg

Spiced up the interior a bit:

Referencing my muse, the 500SEC 32v AMG Wide Body featured in the July 1984 German Magazine Publication, "Auto Motor und Sport," Dan Miller Auto Tops and Interiors reproduced this Gembella styling, designed for AMG, door card insert.

Coupled with the AMG styled door wood trim by Madera Concepts, the inserts offer a unique touch to the coupe's cabin.

457439d1342805598-project-arizona-rise-ph-nix-wide-amgdemagint.jpg

457440d1342805598-project-arizona-rise-ph-nix-wide-amg-c126-doorcards.jpg

MBCA StarFest 2012

Sponsored by MBCA and MBUSA, Starfest 2012, hosted by MBCA The Desert Stars section, turned out a collection of Mercedes' second to none. The event was located at a premiere location, Arizona Biltmore Resort and Spa in Phoenix Arizona. This was the very first time in the hotel's history that they allowed vehicles on the central lawn. The coordination and organization required was a feat in itself.

The classic Mercedes W126 model designation was well represented and took home 5 awards in total, 3 of which were classic AMG examples, our WB taking 1st in Class.

I hope to see a continued increase in W126's at these MBCA/MBUSA sponsored events in the future. Let us double the number of W126 at the next one!

More photos and details in the following links:
MBCA STARFEST 2012 - Benzworld.org

Mercedes AMG Classic

Attachments

• WBstarfest.jpg
    WBstarfest.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 1stinClass.jpg
    1stinClass.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 20
MBCA StarFest 2012

Sponsored by MBCA and MBUSA, Starfest 2012, hosted by MBCA The Desert Stars section, turned out a collection of Mercedes' second to none. The event was located at a premiere location, Arizona Biltmore Resort and Spa in Phoenix Arizona. This was the very first time in the hotel's history that they allowed vehicles on the central lawn. The coordination and organization required was a feat in itself.

The classic Mercedes W126 model designation was well represented and took home 5 awards in total, 3 of which were classic AMG examples, our WB taking 1st in Class.

I hope to see a continued increase in W126's at these MBCA/MBUSA sponsored events in the future. Let us double the number of W126 at the next one!

More photos and details in the following links:
MBCA STARFEST 2012 - Benzworld.org

Mercedes AMG Classic

The Starfest event is featured in the latest issue the MBCA The Star Magazine:

StarFest, StarFest 2012, Mercedes Concours | Mercedes-Benz Club of America

34_night_1_rr.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom