Project C36 wagon begins ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
It something ive fancied doing for ages - ive only ever seen one C36 kitted wagon before and it was a stunner. OK so I could just buy a C43 Estate but I really dont like the look as much as the C36 Kit.

So ive bought a facelift C280 - not bad spec for a non AMG - Climate and Sunroof, headlamp washers, electric seats, staggered monoblocks and arch spats etc etc.

Plenty of work to be done rust wise but not insurmountable.

IMG_20140722_115815811_zpsb212d9aa.jpg

IMG_20140721_105101824_zpsb465be66.jpg

Scabby !

IMG_20140722_115824526_HDR_zpsb0fae138.jpg

More scabbyness, nothing a brick wont sort in a few weeks ;)

IMG_20140722_115828371_zps93d7db3e.jpg

Tailgate Rot !

IMG_20140722_115904929_zps8aacf0b9.jpg

Fortunately I have a complete C36 Kit on my Saloon in the same colour which ive started transferring to the new car

Updates to follow !

Brett

I see you have started a thread! Probably should have checked first! :fail:

Looks ok, the engine run well? Auto or manual?

That tailgate does look pretty bad though, and the wheels could benefit from some attention. You got any plans for an engine swap? Or purely exterior changes?

Last edited:
I havent seen a windscreen with that much water delamination before!

You might find the windscreen surround is rotten.

Looking forward to seeing a C36 Kitted Estate! :)

Edit: Be very careful with those HWA sideskirt clips, £2+ each

I just couldn't find a m104 wagon that would have made it so much easier to bung a 3.6 in so engine swap the last thing to happen . still the v6 is not bad to be going on with. I've fitted the c36 bumper and chrome door strips. Front bumper will be a bugger as all the bolts for the runners are rusted up and I'm going to have to drill out and they won't be recyclable on the new car.

I know about the clips, on a previous car had to buy every clip, bung and strips when fitting costs over £200 !!!

Work is cracking on ! Its a bit more involved than I though really

Prefacelift C36 rep to Postfacelift Sport

and

Postfacelift Sport to C36 Rep

The sideskirt clips are all different top, bottom and ends. Bumper mounts different, headlights have to be removed on both cars to get the foglight splice cables from the headlights and back in. Had to angle grind the bolts to get the exhaust off and plenty of faffing about to get them both back on but getting there ! Fortunately the door molds were a straight swop but didnt realise the black rubber things on the bottom of the doors are different so they all have to be swapped over

The workshop !!

IMG_20140723_133438857_HDR_zpseeca973d.jpg

You shouldnt need to remove the headligts to wire the fogs, I managed it without (was grief though!)

Front bumper mounts will work also, you need to remove the clamps and file down the holes to make them longer. rear bumper mounts are different however.

Dont forget the door handles :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom