Project C43 W202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Then yesterday I receive a pic.....all excited until I find it's the boot wheel well! :rolleyes:

Love it - can’t wait to see the finished article pal!

Wow! very jealous!!

Abb

Now you are on your way. One paint starts everything else begins to finish. That paint looks beautiful, like you could jump into it.

I’m feeling excited with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Abb

Looking good, and moving forward now quickly, is it metallic black? Any chance it’s going to be ready for Eden Camp on 14 April? ;)

Hi Abb

Looking good, and moving forward now quickly, is it metallic black? Any chance it’s going to be ready for Eden Camp on 14 April? ;)

Not sure if it will be finished by then TBH, but if it is, I will definitely bring it on it's first outing (of many I hope). I wanted to have it done it obsidian black but have kept it original, it is black but not entirely sure what the code is.

Not sure if it will be finished by then TBH, but if it is, I will definitely bring it on it's first outing (of many I hope). I wanted to have it done it obsidian black but have kept it original, it is black but not entirely sure what the code is.

Good news that it’s progressing Abb, fingers crossed it’s ready.:)

Can you make Eden in or on whatever is in the garage if the car is not ready, we will accept Honda bikes in Repsol Colours , with or without a 93 on the front ;)

Reactions: Abb
Wow that is some respray,must admit for some reason I thought the car was silver blue,so came as shock to see it was black,after all it has been over 3 years,but as they say if you want something done right you have to invest time and money,and this you have done,I had a car totally resprayed as a bare shell lots of years ago,I found that just as you are now with the car body on stands and resprayed ,it was the most worrying time,are you going to rebuild this car or is the garage,my fears were that a screw driver would slip or a careless act might scrape the car ,I am sure you will be fine ,might I suggest you quickly get that car finished,if for no other reason than we all get to see this car at a meeting soon.

Reactions: Abb
Thank you for your words. There is not a chance I will be rebuilding this car myself :p Its all down to the body shop, they have stripped, documented and stored all the parts, I have supplied new where I/they have deemed so.
Just waiting to place an order for the new bonnet, takes 5 days to arrive from MB Germany but they have plenty to be getting on with.
There is a lovely G wagon (you can see it in the back round on some of the pics) which is also just about to undergo some restoration work, not to the extent of mine, so maybe he wont have to wait over a year for his (like me) having been told 6-8 week turn around!

I hope I am in the final stages now and all being well it will be finished soon and will be making some of the meets :)

Try and bring it to Olly BOTG GTG 11th May. Love to see it. As i used to have one of the best C43's, which in fact Olly bought off me after six tears of ownership.

Abb. looking good, and nice to see things moving forward :thumb:

Thanks pal. Spoke to the bodyshop earlier today and they front panel has gone off to be blasted and coated, the wings & front doors are prepped and ready for paint, the bonnet is finally en route from Germany, so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. Just hope its not some fecker holding a torch :D

Thanks pal. Spoke to the bodyshop earlier today and they front panel has gone off to be blasted and coated, the wings & front doors are prepped and ready for paint, the bonnet is finally en route from Germany, so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. Just hope its not some fecker holding a torch :D

Abb

If you’re happy with the quality of work (and price they are charging) the wait will be well worth it. The offer of arranging an meeting “Up North” for the first outing is still there :thumb:

Andy

The quality of work is 2nd to none to be honest, the price not so :(. It will definitely be worth it in the end, well that what I keep telling myself anyway :D

It will definitely be making appearances at the meets, thats for sure. May not be packed with the tech & performance of the beauties such as your own, but will hold it's own even just for the shiny shiny paintwork if nothing else :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom