Project C43 W202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As long as it meets the criteria, it will definitely be getting driven :) However, it would be nice to be able to keep it wrapped up in cotton wool in a climate controlled environment ;)

I would like to think it has got to be one of the better ones out there now, as bold as that statement may sound :oops:

Abb You don’t need cotton wool but a dehumidifier was one of the best bits of kit I got for the garage, not expensive in the bigger scheme of things. My garage is not heated (until I park the car in after a run). I always prefer to put the car away dirty and dry and wait for a decent weather window to wash it.

8-A463524-6-CBF-46-A6-86-F7-0-E783-F59-EEBC.jpg

1-F68-F184-462-E-4455-B606-E75-C31844-C3-C.jpg

Reactions: Abb
Abb You don’t need cotton wool but a dehumidifier was one of the best bits of kit I got for the garage, not expensive in the bigger scheme of things. My garage is not heated (until I park the car in after a run). I always prefer to put the car away dirty and dry and wait for a decent weather window to wash it.

8-A463524-6-CBF-46-A6-86-F7-0-E783-F59-EEBC.jpg

1-F68-F184-462-E-4455-B606-E75-C31844-C3-C.jpg

If you drive your car in winter and park in heated garage, it's like welcoming cavity rot.
Then a non heated garage is more suitable for your purpose.

If you store it for long time then a heated garage is preferred.

Wow! Congrats Abb, your C43 is truly stunning.

Just read the whole thread, what an inspiration especially as you described yourself as being someone that wasn't hands on with this kind of thing to start with.

It has been with my indy for the past couple of months for an ATF change. Unsurprisingly the stretch bolts snapped whilst trying the remove the sump pan :(
One gearbox removal, bolts drilled out, replaced sump pan for new, complete with stretch bolts, clamps, filter, magnet, gasket and of course oil later, it was back to life! :)

I finally got her back home late last week.....

IMG_4929.jpeg

Ted the staffie couldn't bare to look at it with the wrong size tyres on, so off it went for some new boots to be fitted (now wearing the correct size (255/35/18 rears and 225/40/18 fronts), excuse the over use of tyre fitters paste! How she currently sits on the 18" staggered set of E55 monos.

IMG_4962.jpeg

IMG_4968.jpeg IMG_4969.jpeg IMG_4970.jpeg As can be seen the indicators have also been changed for the clear ones which is how it came out the factory, obviously OEM MB items ;)

So as it is home, I get the enviable task of now discovering what does/does not work since the re assembly :rolleyes: as well as some finishing touches.

In goes the OEM spare wheel (a novelty in this day in age to have a spare, let alone a full size spare, even more so a alloy as a spare! ;)) I know it has a small mark on the face, hoping to try and remove that somehow o_O

A rare fuel can to sit in the spare wheel, I purchased a while ago, strictly speaking I do not think they were for the W202, more the W124, but I liked it, so snapped it up! I think it suits the car, as do the little touches like the bulb & fuse kit! :) You see, I am easily pleased.

IMG_4971.jpeg IMG_4972.jpeg

And today, it got it's first wash! The paint work really is amazing, smooth as glass! I will be seeing to some other bits over the coming days like refitting the number plate plinth, deciding which HU to install, as I have bought a period MB CD player as well as a period MB cassette player.

It currently has a Kenwood cassette player with a 6 disc multi changer in the boot, this was installed from new! o_O

One last pic for now, as crap as it is!

IMG_4984.jpeg

And today, it got it's first wash! The paint work really is amazing, smooth as glass! I will be seeing to some other bits over the coming days like refitting the number plate plinth, deciding which HU to install, as I have bought a period MB CD player as well as a period MB cassette player.

It currently has a Kenwood cassette player with a 6 disc multi changer in the boot, this was installed from new! o_O

One last pic for now, as crap as it is!

View attachment 93962

Cracking motor Abb :thumb: Pity it’s going to be quite a while before we get to see it at a meeting, keep the photos coming, loving the fuel can. :)

Absolutely stunning :D

Abb car looks awesome mate well done
get it ceramic coated protect the paint :)

Stunning looking car :cool:

Looks the business on those E55 rims.

Also quite refreshing to see a black one.

Always think of them being silver or blue.

A quick update, been carrying out minor but essential jobs on the 43. I was very kindly informed by a fellow member and 202 aficionado, I was missing some bits from the boot/load area and as I couldn't have that, I ordered some more bits (of course I did much to the delight of the boss 😂 )
Battery terminal cover, a plastic vent tube, elbow for the vent tube, some felt which needs to be cut up into sections for the spare wheel well, and some key grommets.IMG_5410.jpeg
IMG_5411.jpeg
IMG_5413.jpeg

Nigh on £10 for a 1metre length of stick backed felt.....now that is taking the p!$$!

Haven't got round to fitting the bits (due to only arriving) however, I have managed to reinstate the front number plate plinth, install a new plate (wurth) holder on the rear, RE badged it :eek:😂 and took it for a drive around the block!

The badges were installed using the correct measurements from WIS, taped, measured, checked, applied and set.
They are 100% correct with regards to being true and level , albeit from certain camera angles it looks like they have been put on by a blind man on a galloping horse!

Oh and I took a pic or two! ;)
IMG_5281.jpegIMG_5283.jpegIMG_5284.jpeg

Removed the plate and cleaned all these stickie pads off and installed some plastic plugs to accept the screws instead of using the metal contraption MB provide, which normally end up corroding and seizing in place. Tape being used for letter positioning and spacing.
IMG_5218.jpeg
IMG_5153.jpegIMG_5295.jpeg

IMG_5293.jpeg
IMG_5296.jpeg

Managed to figure out why the mirrors were no longer folding, not before striping the centre console and testing the operating switch (which was fully functioning). Lesson learnt.......check the easiest thing 1st!

Yes folks....culprit was a fuse (more like lack of!) :doh: Didn't think it would have had a dedicated fuse, but it did and was missing!
Metal pressed plates are yet to be ordered, so until the next episode......heres some random pics...

Triple black....
IMG_5292.jpeg
IMG_5164.jpeg
An attempt at being arty :p
IMG_5299.jpeg

An amazing lack of MOT's Had it been sorned ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom