Project C63 Black Series Wing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C63Josh

Car
2012 C63 Coupe
Hey all,

A friend of mine is currently developing a black series wing for the W204 Coupe, He would like to roughly know would there be much interested from owners ?

They will be made from a mix of carbon and fibre glass with foam, they will retail around the £650-£700+Shipping

He is UK based so no need for import fees and long waits.

The more interest the more he will make so will lower the cost!

Josh

They all crack:
s-l1600.jpg

Hey all,

A friend of mine is currently developing a black series wing for the W204 Coupe, He would like to roughly know would there be much interested from owners ?

Josh

If it's the type that is mounted on two vertical struts, I am not too sure how many you would sell (you will probably sell a few at least though, I guess). Simple reason is that you have to drill and bolt it through a perfectly good boot lid, not everyone would want to start whizzing holes through a pristine boot lid with a trusty 'Black & Decker'. Resale of the car could be affected too, maybe, not everyone would want to buy a Merc with a strut mounted wing bolted through the boot lid?

Your friend may be better off developing a 'Universal' type of wing, where mounting it could be applicable to a whole range of cars. Probably sell more of them that way, make it more viable. Just a thought! (I'm in the carbon fibre business myself!).

If your friend is making a rear wing, and thinking of mounting it via license plate holes- it's been done on here already

How can he come out each day, look at that and think, that looks fcukin great

Now that is a criminal offence in my eyes :crazy:. That has too be the most ridiculous attempt at a rear spoiler I've ever came across:fail

You can make better? ;)

The rear wing certainly divided opinion, and to be honest the pictures dont do it justice.
I had a group of young rugby players get out of their mini bus on the M1 while queuing and take pictures of the car, asking if i went drifting etc, they loved it!,
but then i had one bloke at a petrol station simply say " you ****ing ****er ".
2 of the tour reps at the Bentley factory loved it, the other 2 hated it, thats how it went.
I thought it would harm the re-sale value, but heres the truth, every Mercedes dealership liked the rear wing, it didnt bother them, it was the 525BHP re-map that put them off buying my car?.
In total the whole set up cost me around £750:
Carbon fibre rear wing ( not glass fibre or plastic ) from Elite carbon fibre in Norfolk, the owner used to work for Lotus so he knew his stuff on wing profiles.
Brackets made from high grade aluminium, black anodised finish.
All fixings and rose end joints for adjustment made from stainless steel.
Its like anything else though, i have met some lovely folk from Ireland, but also some right f*ckwits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom