Project- Facelifting a C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lee C63

MB Enthusiast
Car
C63 (weistec supercharged)
Well as most will know I have not been shy for when it comes into jumping in with both feet.
A few weeks I bought all the panels required to facelift my "pre facelift" C63 ( cheers Gasman.
I made the descion that all parts would be OEM (man maths made sense)
Anyway, after sourcing a set of ILS headlights and a cable harness from KABEL DAVIKO. We thought it would be a fairly easy task.....just a few panels isn't it???
So that was the car dropped off at Stans ( he has just put a wide body kit on his S63.....more about that later) to get the panels painted (Gasmans if fire opal red) and then installed.

Turns out you need a few extra bits that I had not accounted for.
Front SAM unit
HLC module
Facelift headlight switch and loom
And a lot of coding ( heading down to command in a couple of weeks)

Its still not finished and will probably need more paint as i can see a slight difference in colour on the new panels....most people say they cant see the difference....but i can so it will be in the bodyshop next month (after having the coding sorted out) and that will be the end of it.....no more modding or playing with it anymore......well thats what i tell the little wife.

Last edited:
They are wheels off a c63 507...... Most get black but I went for the diamond cut option

Looks spot on and very well executed :)

yours has still beat mine out of the bodyshop....god knows when mine will be done

Looking good Lee!

So not as easy as some people may think then. Wouldn't of thought the loom would need changing. I guess the intake and everything mated up ok then?

Look nice! It's been said on here before but I think the pre facelift looks that bit meaner. But I can understand that it kinda brings your car up to date. And with the money you've spent I suppose it's the icing on the cake so to speak

You don't need to change the loom if you fit "e bay" lights....they are plu and play. However they don't have the ILS function. You need a CAN G connection for ILS which is why it needs the additional looming and a new SAM unit.......in hindsight would I do it again....probably not.

But might try installing the facelift dash next.....it can be done lol

Nice work mate, I could've told you all those little niggles! Nightmare with OEM. Richard also gave me the info needed for it all, definitely worth the trip to command to get it all done proper

Might fit mine soon before its sold :thumb:

You upgrading the rears too? They're LED on the C63 already as you might already know, however still different to the facelift LED so still needs silly coding doing. Normal prefacelift w204's have the halogen big standard rear lamps.

If your cars an 09 or older then the newer rear lamps work without coding but with the newer rear SAM, anything 10 plate or newer the wiring changed and they don't work with the facelift SAM

Last edited:
But might try installing the facelift dash next.....it can be done lol
In the nicest way possible Lee, you're getting closer to certifiable... :D

How about stopping *****ing about with all this cosmetic stuff and going for 4WD. Now that would be a spectacular mod :cool: :D

In the nicest way possible Lee, you're getting closer to certifiable... :D

How about stopping *****ing about with all this cosmetic stuff and going for 4WD. Now that would be a spectacular mod :cool: :D

Well ........there is a company in Germany who have installed the 4matic with the 5.5 TT engine.....mmmmm

But could just go for ported heads and stage 3.... Then the first 1000bhp C63 in country lol

Convert it to LHD first, then the 4 wheel drive system as the right hand drive shaft will catch otherwise, fit a Bi-Turbo, obviously modified by Mr Weiss to your standards and away you go. :D

Like Phil says, about time you did something mechanical again, you're the cause of most of the modding on here anyway. ;)

Oh, put a picture of those A post pods up will you please? Love those. :)

Convert it to LHD first
That's what I was thinking. If you're going to go to the trouble of swapping to the facelift dash, you may as well convert it to LHD at the same time...

:D :D :D

Last edited:
A little late for an update.

But here it is after all facelift panels resprayed (again as i could see a slight mismatch in colour) and a Gtech CS Black detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom