Project Metro

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian B Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
300-24, saloon and coupe, E300 24 valve diesel estate
I am posting these pictures here for Lotusmark2. Not really sure what section they should go in and no doubt they will be moved :D

I will leave the write up to Mark.

metro.jpg

GRAV888 said:
I have to every now and then mate ;)

Got a blonde wig too eh? .................................... Sorry Pammy only joking.

Looks like a good finish on the Metro, too good almost heh!

Must say a quick thank you to Ian and Mark for the warm welcome and for keeping me topped up with beer. (Apparently, southern money is no good up north ;) ) and also for providing me with a hotel for the 2 nights.
Thanks also to Sean (Scruffy) for allowing me to use the rear of his warehouse to spray the car in. No doubt, without his help, it would still look the same as the first pic :eek:
Cheers guys :rock: :bannana: :rock:

GrahamC230K said:
Got a blonde wig too eh? .................................... Sorry Pammy only joking.

Looks like a good finish on the Metro, too good almost heh!

yeah yeah - I'll let you off :D

We had a good giggle doing that piccy :D Was nice to see the guys and meet Scruffy too!! (and mini scruffy - who likes her chocolate - good girl that one ;) )

The mirrors look good don't they? Will give Mark that extra push he needs when racing up those hills :D

Great pic's Ian & Mark - nice one :bannana: :bannana:

Last edited:
Well all I can say is a VERY big THANK YOU to GRAHAM, IAN, SEAN, and PAMMY.
This project from the very begining has been moving forwards thanks to the VERY genorous support of FRIENDS.
That people will come from the other ends of the compass and others work after already doing a full nights work and work on this project just gob smacks me!

The car is now tucked up in its lock up looking stunning and ready to have a bit of polishing done so we can get the sposorship decals on towards the end of the week. Then comes the MOT :crazy: ready for the new first event on the 17th April at Three Sisters Circuit.

Again I really cant thank everyone enough.

I will keep everyone up to date with progress both on the build, and once the season starts
(If people are interested perhapse we could be a sticky in the ot section as so many MB people have contributed)

Mark.

PS are the picture showing up ok for everyone as the colours look all blocked to me (may well be my PC)

Last edited:
good to meet you all over the weekend and glad eveyone got home ok, very impressive finish on the car given the lack of pro facilities, will look out for updates and progress through the season, and if anyones up this way again the kettles always on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom