Project: S Class 320 2007 Under car lighting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johncook109

Car
S 320 CDI 2007
Hi there. I need help. Thought I would try under car lighting. I have designed light units to go in the plastic sill retaining plugs that run the length of the car. These will have clear plastic covers to keep the units dryish. The wiring looms will run inside the sills and into the cars interior through the front wheel arches. I want them to come on when the central locking is activated to open and off when locked also as the doors automatically lock at 10 mph they will not be on for long. There will be a 20 second timer in the circuit to cover any long unlocked periods. I was going to activate the operation of these lights by a relay energised by power from the central locking mechanism. Now my questions are. Is there anyone who could post the wiring diagrams (with colour codes)and door panel removal of the drivers front door. If wiring for some reason was not a workable way I could have the relay mechanically operated using the door locking mechanism. Alternatively I might use the fuel lock power as this would achieve the same ends. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. I will post the complete DIY project if and when it is do able.

Attachments

• Mercedes Lower Light Unit Exploded.bmp
    87.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Mercedes Lower Light Unit.bmp
    87.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 2014-06-24 08.16.29.jpg
    2014-06-24 08.16.29.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 20
Ok since posting I have managed to find out how to remove drivers door panel and thinking may be the safest way is to mechanically switch lights using the locking bar action and a spring loaded brake switch similar to a motorcycle rear brake switch. When I get round to the project I will post text and pics if anybody is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom