Project SL60 AMG part 1 complete.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nah the gear shifter stays.It looks IMHO miles better, It cost me £110 and if anything the oem leather one is cheapo, i have it going if anyone wants it free.

Actuall, from the pictures, I like the shifter too, it works well with the chrome surround and dash rings.

BTW Jaymanek what do you think of the mcinstosh mx5000 in the r129? You said it looks cheap and belongs in a japanese car.
The sound is out of this world though and if we ever do a meet close to cheshire ill demonstrate to all.
Best way to show the quality is pick a song with a long silent intro, have it on full blast and you dont even hear the tinyest humm, total silence. Then Bang!!!

The G55 is with my brother at the moment as i let him drive it, Well We sort of half own it.

Last edited:
BTW Jaymanek what do you think of the mcinstosh mx5000 in the r129? You said it looks cheap and belongs in a japanese car.
The sound is out of this world though and if we ever do a meet close to cheshire ill demonstrate to all.
Best way to show the quality is pick a song with a long silent intro, have it on full blast and you dont even hear the tinyest humm, total silence. Then Bang!!!

Im sorry I still dont like it mate! Doesnt fit with the car,... But would love to hear it someday...

how do you find the h and r springs, im thinking about those or the eibachs for mine with oem dampers

also how did you get the hood as one touch and whilst in motion?

looks fab btw

just had a thought-- rather than the silver arrow ashtray---you could change that logo to your company one or something mercedes related eg merc symbol or AMG, not stuck on but as part of it using these chaps..

Classic car interior woodwork restoration | TVR dash | TVR dashboard

ive exhanged a few mails with Malcolm who was very knowledgable. I will be sending my car there in the future

RMS,
Yeah ive spoken to him going to get the wood relaquered at some point.

regarding the H&R springs i was told they were the best ones and the ride is really good. I found the ride in the r129 unnerving before it was like a barge, looks better now and corners amazing but i do have poly bushes and strut brace. I Prefer to have a nice flat ride than one that wallows i find it more comfortable.
The automatic hood is this mate.

Mercedes SL R129 SLK R170 roof / top remote module | eBay

ill get a youtube vid up soon with it working and also gonner get a video up of me taking it for a ride, just waiting for the weather. I dont drive it in the wet.

Nice car and nice mods!
Where did you source the hardened bushes from?
I have a '97 SL60 thats completely standard and while its a great car I feel the suspension could do with stiffening up a bit.
I noticed you also had speaker wiring for sale on another post. Did the crossover box box you mentioned sit under the back seat?

Thanks
Les

Im sorry I still dont like it mate! Doesnt fit with the car,... But would love to hear it someday...

Mcintosh is one of the top ICE company back in the day, very expensive too.

Nice car and nice mods!
Where did you source the hardened bushes from?
I have a '97 SL60 thats completely standard and while its a great car I feel the suspension could do with stiffening up a bit.
I noticed you also had speaker wiring for sale on another post. Did the crossover box box you mentioned sit under the back seat?

Thanks
Les

I think it was floflex.co.uk

They used to list a kit for the SL but don't seem to now but I think they will supply one if you give them a ring. I've been in two minds about fitting the same to mine or renewing with originals but have been told mine are generally fine for now so have just replaced the antiroll bar bushes for the time being (and steering damper).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom