[project] W201 190E 2.0 -> 2.3-16

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fuga28

Car
Mercedes E220CDI (S211) 2005; Mercedes 190D 2.0 1989; VW Eos 1.4 TSI Bluemotion 2011
Transplant has begun. Here are the first pics.

922f6c.jpg

For now, removing SLS and replacing the gaskets.
6c937b.jpg

518f01.jpg

69af4e.jpg

2.0 8v that is coming out.
c80f2c.jpg

The diff will also be replaced. ASD (3.23) in ABS diff out (3.48)

ABS:
7f8436.jpg

ASD:
b7c3dc.jpg

The clutch on the 2.0 is better, so it will be used as well.

Well today I was in the garage taking off both diffs. Afterwords when I cleaned up the diff from the 2.3-16 I noticed something...

jJp9Xv.jpg

ZJzGKl.jpg

yKI79v.jpg

Last edited:
For now just new photos. I forgot to take a picture of the clutch disk that was refiled and reinforced, I took the original disk to a shop that repairs clutches from lories/big rigs/ trucks whatever you'd like to call them, and they repaired mine.

The difference from a regular brake line to a custom braided. Basically I took the original line to a shop that does hydraulic tubes for several purposes and they made these ones for me. Costed 12.50€ each, next monday I'll take the from ones. They told me they could customize the piping to the oil radiator with braided line as well, but I don't know if there's any real big advantage on doing so.
KxMyb2.jpg

The rear caliper on the left side already with the braided line:
w68Ttc.jpg

This was originally from the 2.3-16. Already cleaned of course.
PW2bxH.jpg

Same thing on the right side:
rJM36V.jpg

9Tj3ck.jpg

Now some photos of the LSD already installed:
A0xF1D.jpg

OGyDV9.jpg

fspSMu.jpg

Tomorrow I'll try to do something more.

You doing well !!! Looking forward for your finished product!!:)

Well today I was in the garage taking off both diffs. Afterwords when I cleaned up the diff from the 2.3-16 I noticed something...

jJp9Xv.jpg

ZJzGKl.jpg

yKI79v.jpg

Been thick , but what did you notice ???
Doing a great job by the way

The cars from that era wouldn't have the ASD , they were much later I think ,,,

ASD started in 86 as an optional :)
The donor also had adjustable F&R SLS.

No worries ;)

No, I'll use Getrag and all the original mechanics of the 2.3-16 except SLS.

Well the project stopped a little bit because I took vacation last week, but this week I just advanced a little bit changing the front brakes and started to change the rear sway bar. Also changed the gear lever that will work with getrag.
Also is going a little bit slower because I got hurt on my back last sunday, but nothing serious. I just have to be careful applying my strength so I don't get any worse.
Also been cutting the brackets of the wiring on the donor car, but not cutting any wiring it self, so I know where everything goes. Probably I'll need help of a car electrician, but I'll have to search someone outside the shop since they don't have an electrician right now.

For now, that's all folks :D

All the parts to rebuild the 2.3-16 have arrived, so now it gets the next level :)

Today I took the central brake pump of the 2.3-16 and gave it a heat resistant paint.
fnFrKr.jpg

P3COH5.jpg

Also the wiring is giving me quite an headache. Most of the connections are unplugged from the fuse box, but there are some that I have no idea where they go through.

Already removed all the wiring. The head had to be repaired for some internal leaks. Also was lowered by 0.5mm. Hope to see it working by the end of this week.

The rear sway bar is already in place, and to give an idea of the difference, on the left the original from the 2.0 and on the right from the 2.3-16.

EQjXD6.jpg

I'm also studying about the chassis reinforcements and how to manufacture them.

Things got a little stuck now. When the mechanic started to assemble the engine components again, he noticed that one of the cylinder chaimbers was damaged, so now the engine block is being repaired...

:wallbash:

Things got a little stuck now. When the mechanic started to assemble the engine components again, he noticed that one of the cylinder chaimbers was damaged, so now the engine block is being repaired...

:wallbash:

fuga, most important before the engine is reassembled, get the valve seats, especially the exhaust one's checked for regression (i.e. movement back into the head). If in any doubt have them replaced.

fuga, most important before the engine is reassembled, get the valve seats, especially the exhaust one's checked for regression (i.e. movement back into the head). If in any doubt have them replaced.

They are already replaced, both exhaust and intake. The problem was that the mechanic forgot to mention the fact, so now the project got delayed, otherwise it would be ready. I hope before the end of November it will be rumbling again. I'd like to track test it in Algarve race track in the track day that is going to be there the 29th. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom