Projector head lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rom1

Car
Mercedes c220d cabriolet
Could someone confirm if I have projector type head lights, have tried to look into it but get differing answers.

Car is w204 2009 c220 cdi blue effic sport AMG

At the moment I've got night breakers and led side lights but want to fit an HID kit, I believe of they are projector results should be ok, if not I can install H7R kit designed for use in non projector headlights.

I know strictly I should have head lamp washers etc but as long as I'm not going to be blinding other drivers I'm ok with fitting the kit as it is

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
You have projectors designed for halogens not HIDs. Any aftermarket kits will blind other users.

But not as bad as non projectors with HID kit, going to give it a go if it causes issues with other drivers I'll go back to standard

You might be okay with it but the M.O.T. inspector wont.

But not as bad as non projectors with HID kit, going to give it a go if it causes issues with other drivers I'll go back to standard

Sure you will

Why do need these ultra bright lights in this densely populated country? MOT failure, good

Why do need these ultra bright lights in this densely populated country? MOT failure, good

Because I have to drive early in the morning on unlit country roads and the same late at night, so its more safety over style.

I will simply replace them to normal bulbs at MOT time which is what a lot of people do, good

No self-levelling function?

Another inconsiderate driver out to blind the rest of us. Great...

No self-levelling function?

Another inconsiderate driver out to blind the rest of us. Great...

I get blinded more often by incorrectly aligned OEM HID+self leveling than I do after market HID.

Because I have to drive early in the morning on unlit country roads and the same late at night, so its more safety over style.

I will simply replace them to normal bulbs at MOT time which is what a lot of people do, good

High Beam?

A visit to an optician for a check on your night vision...?

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

I get blinded more often by incorrectly aligned OEM HID+self leveling than I do after market HID.

How do you know what lights the oncoming vehicle has ?

Not many 2010+ cars get adapted for after market HID? Plus, to me they look OEM

I see where you are coming from, but I wouldn't be so sure about recent cars being adapted. After all 2010+ are up to 5 year old so many will be 2nd owner.

Aftermarket are easy to spot, always around 4000k (blue) and stupidly bright.

4300 is OEM on most cars , 6000 is the 'barryboy blue' that most go for aftermarket

Fit a 4k kit and be done with it. If your lights are aligned correctly you'll blind other road users a lot less than all the 4x4's out there.

Fit a 4k kit and be done with it. If your lights are aligned correctly you'll blind other road users a lot less than all the 4x4's out there.

How did you work that one out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom