Projector Light beam adjustment - Europe driving W166

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jay2512

Car
X253 - GLC 250d AMG Line Premium Plus
Know this has been asked before as I've seen many posts on the topic, but I still not sure what I'm looking for in the light assembly.

We're taking the ML to Monaco in 3 weeks and need to adjust the projector lamps for European driving. Checking the manual it refers to the lever to switch the beam pattern but trying to see anything through the wheel arch is impossible as I have no idea what the lever looks like.

Does anyone have a picture of this so called lever?

The lever is inside the lamp unit, remove the rear cover to the dipped beam, you should find the very small, fragile thin pressed metal lever right next to the lamp holder, to the wing side.

Much easier to enquire at your dealership, many will adjust foc.

whitenemesis said:
The lever is inside the lamp unit, remove the rear cover to the dipped beam, you should find the very small, fragile thin pressed metal lever right next to the lamp holder, to the wing side. Much easier to enquire at your dealership, many will adjust foc.

Lots of bits of metal in there..... Trust the dealer will set it, better do with the amount I've spent in there recently.

Had a chance to have another look and i have found the lever.

I stuck my phone in to grab a pic as it was not easy to see.

Looking at the back of the light the lever is directly under the bulb holder.

Bend it slightly down and push to the drivers side lowers the beam pattern for European driving. Do the reverse on return to the UK.

I must say that the description & picture in the handbook are totally useless!

View attachment 50720

Sent from my Samsung using MBClub UK

Last edited:
View attachment 50721

Sent from my Samsung using MBClub UK

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom