Proper cold beer at home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

5ean-f

Car
sl500
Searched and couldn't find anything so here we go,
I was at a friend's house last week and he had a sub beer machine lovely ice cold pint asked him about it and he put me onto the site his sub takes a "torp" which holds about 4 pints needs to be in fridge for about 8 hours before going into machine but stays fresh for 15 days, so after searching the site I decided on a blade machine a "keg" holds about 14 pints stays fresh for 30 days once in machine but needs 24 hours in fridge before going in machine last night was my first time with it and it really is as good as a great pint from the pub comes out at a chilly 2 degrees the stuff in the keg is draft so completely different than a can or bottle only problem is I now need a keg fridge 😀, cost wise is more expensive than cans/bottles about £2:15 a pint for Moetti, £1:80 Heineken more for specialality beers, but I'm sure my friend gets a keg of Moretti for his restaurant for about £180 that's 88 pints and he has gas to buy and a chiller to run so it really is a bargain in my eyes,

Anyone else got one?

How much was the blade to buy?

How much was the blade to buy?
Online £425 with 2 kegs, but sold out I found mine in a shop local to me but had to pay £490 with one keg but he did sell me 2 more for £60 instead of £35 a keg, the sub produces more or less the same results for £99 and is available online but I didn't want to keep changing keg every 4 pints 😉

The same shop had these in stock, its actually just a Premier convenience store but has many different machines and all refills on the shelf, even running a raffle at the moment for a blade £10 a ticked drawn on Saturday with pre chilled keg ready for Sunday
I was attracted to the PerfectDraft set up as they do my fave Leffe......
actually, thinking about it, it's probably as well I don't have one 🤪🙃😵

This is the beer fridge I would try to find if I had the room for one…

I would drink SO much beer if I had a keg at home.....

I used to brew my own, and you’re dead right. It’s way too easy to pour yourself a refreshing pint, especially in the summer.
I used to live in one of the strict Middle Eastern countries and met a Australian guy we used to make wine, larger and even ran a still, considering it was a dry country I drank more while there than anywhere else I have ever been

Searched and couldn't find anything so here we go,
I was at a friend's house last week and he had a sub beer machine lovely ice cold pint asked him about it and he put me onto the site his sub takes a "torp" which holds about 4 pints needs to be in fridge for about 8 hours before going into machine but stays fresh for 15 days, so after searching the site I decided on a blade machine a "keg" holds about 14 pints stays fresh for 30 days once in machine but needs 24 hours in fridge before going in machine last night was my first time with it and it really is as good as a great pint from the pub comes out at a chilly 2 degrees the stuff in the keg is draft so completely different than a can or bottle only problem is I now need a keg fridge 😀, cost wise is more expensive than cans/bottles about £2:15 a pint for Moetti, £1:80 Heineken more for specialality beers, but I'm sure my friend gets a keg of Moretti for his restaurant for about £180 that's 88 pints and he has gas to buy and a chiller to run so it really is a bargain in my eyes,

Anyone else got one?

You are talking about Lager then, not proper Beer :rolleyes::)

I used to live in one of the strict Middle Eastern countries and met a Australian guy we used to make wine, larger and even ran a still, considering it was a dry country I drank more while there than anywhere else I have ever been
Did you guys have a copy of ‘The Blue Flame’?

Yes we got a copy of blue flame but didn't work for company who originally produced it and we took it at lot further, and our still was a thing of beauty all hand made by ourselves we even had a thump keg after some help from a good old boy it wasn't a huge thing but produced enough for us to hold a great party every couple of weeks, I believe people still talk about them

yes and when you went to the supermarket, the grape juice, sugar, and yeast were all displayed together on the shelf....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom