Property Title

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adam1

Car
E220CDI avantgarde-tansanite blue with sand-cream leather .Honda Civic, Honda Stream SESport( 160bhp
I've come across a property which when searching the land registry brought up no title registered. A manual search has revealed this from the land registry

"No registered estate, caution against first registration or application for first registration or apllication for a caution against first registration shown on index map in relation to the property"

Anyone know what this means? Could i register as legal owner?

I saw a documentary that said when property is handed down through generations there is no need to register the change of ownership, and as such may not be registered. IIRC

So what ur saying Bobby is that it doesn't need to be registered for it to be made availabl for sale... I'm just thinking of homebuyers packs next year...or when i come to sell of problems....

Froim what I remember of the documentary, it doesn't need to be registered (with the Land Registry) in order to sell the land. A by-product of selling it though means it will be registered thereafter. I'm not an expert, but that's the gist of it I believe. Hope this helps.

Our farm has no "No registered estate, caution against first registration or application for first registration or application for a caution against first registration shown on index map in relation to the property" I just copied that my real point is it is blank I saw it when I built my new home (I had to buy my own land because of death duties we now rent our home of our children who own the house in a pension £450 a bloody month), because it been in the family forever and never had a mortgage on it etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
It makes sense now. The house was built in the early 1930s about 75 years ago. It doesn't even have gas main supply pipes, all electric. made of brick and quite neglected. It seems it must have been in the family all along...the owener now lives 10-15 miles away and after having it tenanted wants to get rid...seems its needs everything doing to it...

I was just concerned it didn't have a title and was unregistered.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom