Propshaft e63s w213. 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ar63s

Car
E63s
this is my 1st time posting on any threads like this. so i am very new to this.
i would appreciate for your input in my case.

so i have a broken prop shaft on my car i bought it about 2 month ago the car only had 14k on the clock very good condition 1 owner and the car still under manufacturer's warranty i have 17 months left on it.
in that 2 month never had any issues was running very good as it should.
3 weeks ago as i was turning into a street at a very low speed i heard a banging noise under the car and the car was struggling to move so i stopped the car immediately and called roadside assistance.
later that week they send me the health check video and i have attached the screenshot as you can see its not looking good.

so they have had the car for 3 weeks now they have done many checks to find out how this had happened as they told me "this is very very uncommon" and they called me today and telling me many things needs to be replaced which they have been advised by AMG UK team. they have told me i need to pay 10k for the repair work on the car and i told them the car is still under warranty they said "yes we know but this is just for insurance incase its not covered" and i found that very strange and not right.

so please guys tell me what you lot think about this.

and if any other information is needed let me know i will try to provide it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-22 at 23.50.35.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-22 at 23.50.35.png
    822 KB · Views: 31
That fault is not yours, give them £10,000 what nonsense, give them nothing and insist they repair it under warranty with a full explanation of what the gearbox was doing at the time, and how a steel propshaft can twist in two. 👍.

That fault is not yours, give them £10,000 what nonsense, give them nothing and insist they repair it under warranty with a full explanation of what the gearbox was doing at the time, and how a steel propshaft can twist in two. 👍.
Yeah I found it very strange for them to ask that coz I know when I pay they will say "sorry ots not covered under warranty" when they've had the car for 3 weeks to fully inspect.

Two threads running..

Two threads running..
Yeah I'm new I didn't know where to post but I'll delete the other that has less replies

Admin/Mods only I'm afraid.
I linked the thread just to help prevent split answers, gets confusing.
I'm sure the powers that be will merge/delete if they think it worthwhile.

Admin/Mods only I'm afraid.
I linked the thread just to help prevent split answers, gets confusing.
I'm sure the powers that be will merge/delete if they think it worthwhile.
Thank you mate appreciate it.

I don't know how to delete it could you guide me how to do it please ?
Use the "Report" link at the bottom of the first post in the thread and ask Admin to merge it with this one.

Did you buy it via Mercedes and is it in a Mercedes dealer? If so tell them to get on with it under warranty in fact call Mercedes UK customer Team and ask them whats going on, only time I have ever seen anything like that is on a big Diesel 4x4 that was wheel spinning and then gripped suddenly, you were not doing a burnout or in the habit were you?

Did you buy it via Mercedes and is it in a Mercedes dealer? If so tell them to get on with it under warranty in fact call Mercedes UK customer Team and ask them whats going on, only time I have ever seen anything like that is on a big Diesel 4x4 that was wheel spinning and then gripped suddenly, you were not doing a burnout or in the habit were you?
Check out the thread linked in post #4, plenty more answers there...

No I never do that stuff not my type of thing to do tbh and I already know that's bad for the car

No I never do that stuff not my type of thing to do tbh and I already know that's bad for the car
I bought it through 3rd party dealership but they are very good and nice people who work there. I'll be giving them a call tomorrow to let them know and call MBUK costumer services to get an update.

Hi,
Got a similar think happened to my S63 AMG 2019, but the left rear axle shaft while slowly moving out of parking in Glasgow last month (November '21)
Guys at Giffnock Mercedes quickly diagnosed the problem, as I thought it was the gearbox fault.
Total costs of £1880.00 not covered by the manufacturer warranty. Car fixed in one day.
Aparently this is a common thing with cars having over 700Nm in wet climate. There is an article in Australia, about recalling C63S as they had issues with snapping shafts in 2018-2019.
Have the broken shaft at home as a suvenire :)

Attachments

• Seam on driveshaft nsr (1).jpg
    Seam on driveshaft nsr (1).jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Nsr driveshaft on diff (1).jpg
    Nsr driveshaft on diff (1).jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 9
Aparently this is a common thing with cars having over 700Nm in wet climate.
What outrageous, unadulterated BS that statement is. It's either faulty design, or faulty manufacturing.

There's no way a drive shaft should fracture like that on a standard production car used on the public roads.

What outrageous, unadulterated BS that statement is. It's either faulty design, or faulty manufacturing.

There's no way a drive shaft should fracture like that on a standard production car used on the public roads.
Exactly, I thought the same, this was a manufacturer fault while producing this part. Also it may be a material saving when designing the part itself.
After this happened, I spoke with one of the AMG UK tuner, they told me it is happening not only to Mercedes, they experience it with BMW M series as well.

Milton Keys Customer Service told me, it is caused by the external factor.

Milton Keys Customer Service told me, it is caused by the external factor.
How convenient. Is your car mapped or standard? If mapped then they have a get-out.

As you have the broken shaft, it would be relatively easy (but obviously at a cost) to have a materials lab report on the failure mode.

Hi,
Got a similar think happened to my S63 AMG 2019, but the left rear axle shaft while slowly moving out of parking in Glasgow last month (November '21)
Guys at Giffnock Mercedes quickly diagnosed the problem, as I thought it was the gearbox fault.
Total costs of £1880.00 not covered by the manufacturer warranty. Car fixed in one day.
Aparently this is a common thing with cars having over 700Nm in wet climate. There is an article in Australia, about recalling C63S as they had issues with snapping shafts in 2018-2019.
Have the broken shaft at home as a suvenire :)
Is it just an effect of the photo or is that a hollow shaft?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom