Pros and cons of your AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
AMGs are addictive, much like class A drugs.

they handle quite well, despite their weight and size .. you just need to use that weight to your advantage :)

downsides? None that I can think of.

Pros - Performance, comfort, looks (IMO), kit which all makes for a great tourer, great cruiser, great commuter, great dragster and an interesting track car!
Cons - depreciation, avoiding temptation to modify (to much while under warranty),exhaust a bit muted in stock form (solved) non-ceramic brakes not that great for my use ( solvable but really expensive) and an interesting track car!

Pros: great looking, sounding, and nice place to be in.

Cons: the crappy gearbox and the fact I hardly get time to drive it.

Fryingpan, I like the brake feel now I'm used to it, and I wouldn't go back to a manual. The auto is just so GOOOOD.
E55BOF

I'm used to them, still don't like them. RS6/4 brakes are so much better for feel, even if there not quite as efficient when you need them to be.
I drive the '55 in manual mode all the time, but even so it's sluggish and lazy.

It's not enough to taint the car for me, overall I'd struggle to think of something else I'd rather have, but in a perfect world...

-t

In my opinion the pros for the cls 55 AMG are good looks, good engine noise, comfort and easy to handle :). The cons in my opinion are only one and that is fuel bills lol Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Pros:
- sounds great
- estate looks best of the Cs especially on 19s
- nice front seats
- big brake calipers (mine's standard not PP or PPP)
- not diesel (had to throw that one in)
- cheap to insure

Cons: There are plenty but you'll notice most of these are specific to it being a C class:

- cheap isofix
- lack of passenger airbag deactivation
- limited rear seat legroom (vs 3 series)
- small fuel tank @ 66 litres
- folding nav screen and it's small (mine is pre facelift)
- can't copy music from any DVD or USB onto hard drive
- auto dim wing mirror only on driver side
- no LSD
- cheap interior (again pre facelift) with too many buttons
- gearbox sometimes doesn't allow multiple successive changes
- clunks, rattles and squeaks

They are still great cars and the problem I have is I always want one car for everything; euro trip, school trip, business trip etc. so a little hard to please. I don't think they are good w/e cars and neither are they designed to be so that's no excuse.

A45 AMG

Pros: sound not as good as my old C63 but the "bang" on upshifts always makes me smile. F me it's quick. Handling. Levels of grip

Cons: cheap plastic trim abounds and it's rattling already.

C63 AMG

Pros: The noise when you go near the loud pedal in anger, the sheer acceleration, the ferociousness of kick down, braking from 70 to negotiate a roundabout in the last 100 yards and the ability to overtake just about anything effortlessly.

Cons: The hassle I get when I do any of the above with the wife in the passenger seat.

E55K

Pros :- Fast, fun, looks good, get mature sensible comments, chavs dont bother to race and at nine years old it has no rattles what so ever.

Cons :- really bad stock cooling for s/c, only five speed auto, wing mirrors are small and it drinks.

Would I change it hell no :bannana:

W208 CLK55

Pro's

At its price point everything

Con's, regardless of price

Recirculating ball steering
Slightly sloppy handling
Lack of manual box (I know it's a Merc)

E55K

Pros: Love the looks, sound, volume (especially now, thanks Acid/Imran), performance (" " " "), stealth, good sound system (with my added sub), stance, comfy seats, great gearbox, smooth ride, limo when you want it, no rattles either, cheaper donation to HMG as pre-2006.

Cons: Mine also loves going to MSL and emptying my wallet :D, doesn't handle like my M3 Evo did.

Although if your search S65 on ebay a lot of them look like VW Polos

Same with E55 until you change the brand to Mercedes. I never knew E55 Polos existed... :crazy:

Something tells me Rashman will be on this thread soon. :D

I own 3 of them and I wouldn't drive anything else !!
Pros : reliability , IMO looks,power and everything else...
Con: lack of a manual gearbox

Same with E55 until you change the brand to Mercedes. I never knew E55 Polos existed... :crazy:

That's because the search picks up the VW Polo with the E specification 55 (2005/2006) plates

RWDpetrol said:
Pros: - sounds great - estate looks best of the Cs especially on 19s - nice front seats - big brake calipers (mine's standard not PP or PPP) - not diesel (had to throw that one in) - cheap to insure Cons: There are plenty but you'll notice most of these are specific to it being a C class: - cheap isofix - lack of passenger airbag deactivation - limited rear seat legroom (vs 3 series) - small fuel tank @ 66 litres - folding nav screen and it's small (mine is pre facelift) - can't copy music from any DVD or USB onto hard drive - auto dim wing mirror only on driver side - no LSD - cheap interior (again pre facelift) with too many buttons - gearbox sometimes doesn't allow multiple successive changes - clunks, rattles and squeaks They are still great cars and the problem I have is I always want one car for everything; euro trip, school trip, business trip etc. so a little hard to please. I don't think they are good w/e cars and neither are they designed to be so that's no excuse.
my c63 as 76k and I don't experience any unusual noises !!!!

Glad to hear everyone loves their car. Can't wait for the run in period to be over! Know there are some debates about this, but I will stick to the advice in the manual.

RWDpetrol said:
Drive faster so you can't afford to look around inside and the exhaust drowns the rattles.

LOL, you can't hear the rattles at full chat but the other buggers won't get out of the way!

Having just purchased a CLC 220 Sport with a full AMG kit on...

Pros: It's got an AMG kit :)
Cons: It's not an AMG :(

It's next on the list though :) x

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

quite liked that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom