Prosedure for KeyFob Replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ride00

Car
W208 CLK230K, W203 C240
Hi everyone,

I own a W208 CLK 230K vintage 2001 [in Malaysia] and need some advice on how to get a replacement for one of my 2 keys. One key works fine but the other won't start thecar but is able to unlock it.

I will be making a trip to London in mid-November and would like to get the replacement then. Can anyone tell me the documents required, where to get it, the cost for replacement and how long to get it.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

You will need to take the vehicle registration documents and your passport/driving licence. I personally would take everything you need to prove you own the car!!!

A replacement key & coding cost me about £107 from my local MB stealer but this is different according to car/dealer etc.

Do you not have MB dealers in Malaysia that can help???

Hi, you need the ORIGINAL logbook owners documents for the car and your passport.
The fob can be obtained overnight but the metal slider comes from germany and takes 4 roughly days.

Expect to pay £193.88 upfront, as once it is ordered it is no good to anyone else.

We do have dealers here but the cost would be upwards of 190 quid and 10 - 14 days for delivery. Had a notion that it would save me some cash if I had it done when I am in UK. Thanks for the response and now I need some tel nos or addresses in London to get it done. Cheers!

I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who can point you in the right direction - good luck!

partssp, what is that metal slider? My fob has no external metal parts.

That key I dont think I require as I already have one. Do you think it is possible not to opt for it? Thanks again Partssp.

That key I dont think I require as I already have one. Do you think it is possible not to opt for it? Thanks again Partssp.

Unfortunately you will need it because MB have changed your key (all black) to the fancy new one (chrome sides) and the emergency key is a different shape.

OMG, there is a chrome metal pull-out key in my fob! I was mistooken!!! Sorry. Is there any way that I can get in touch with them to pre-order the key so that I can collect it before 4 days as my stay there will be rather short...?

I think the newer replacements are chrome-surround and not all black like the old 'uns. Which one did they give you kwak?

Black fob - although when I pointed out that the key didn't fit in the fob they sorted out a replacement. Plus, it only cost me £107 all in not the £200 odd I was quoted!!!

I don't think all the replacement fobs have chrome surrounds - my wife's 2007 A Class has an all-black fob too....

Come to think of it any fob, chrome or not, would do the same job. Still need help on pre-ordering the fob [maybe via email], any one in the know?

# Help please.....

I don't think all the replacement fobs have chrome surrounds - my wife's 2007 A Class has an all-black fob too....

Just to clear this up.

MB have changed the 3-button with remote boot (saloon) key to the chrome one.
Estate cars and hatchbacks have the 2 button key, ATM you have a choice of black or chrome, untill the black ones run out.

I have never had the need to order a replacement key, however, and I stand to be corrected on this, it is my understanding that a key will not be issued by the dealer unless the car is present at the dealership, this is the ultimate proof of ownership as the documents could have been forged.

Dec

I have never had the need to order a replacement key, however, and I stand to be corrected on this, it is my understanding that a key will not be issued by the dealer unless the car is present at the dealership, this is the ultimate proof of ownership as the documents could have been forged.

Dec

Not true when I got mine - just had to take the log book and ID

I had to order a new key for my E55 as when I got only one key were supplied. Guess what I got? New Black and Silver.

Very nice.

Cost: £184.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom