Protech Ultima Professional Paint Sealant - Is it worth it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OCD BAL

Car
ML63 AMG
Hi Everyone, I've ordered my new GLC43 AMG and am wondering whether or not to go for the paint sealant offered by the dealer at an additional cost of £895. They call it Protech Ultima Polysilazine

Has anyone had this ceramic coating applied to their car and if so do you think it's worth it? The marketing material says it's supposed to last for 3 years and protects the paintwork keeping it very shiny all year round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch ! Sounds about £650 too much . I had my C63 professionally washed detailed and sealed by a well recommended gentleman , he was at it for nearly 8 hours . Car looked fantastic and was easy to keep clean for a long time after . Cost me £250 , money well spent indeed .

Way too expensive! If you can't get it included in the deal at ne extra cost to you do as the Capt'n suggests and take it to an independent detailer ....

The previous owner of my car had a clear wrap put on the front grill area, bonnet and wings, I understand it was quite expensive but underneath the car is like brand new I may well re-invest in having it done.

Hi,
The dealer would probably make more profit on the sealant kit than on the car!
Cheers
Steve

I definitely wouldn't pay the dealer to do it, get an expert detailer to do it instead! As suggested there's more profit in the sealant than the car itself. Dealerships and dirty brushes don't mix well with paintwork, especially on a brand new car you care about. There are plenty of experts who do care, so give them your business instead.

I'm not sure whether it's connected, but ProTech take care of our car in Monte Carlo, and they do a great job, using their own branded products. They're the only people in Monaco who don't speak English though, and my French and Italian is shocking. Luckily the nice man from Lamborghini helped me out to begin with, and now they know what I like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom