Protecting from key sctatches around ignition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herishi

Car
2007 E280 Sport
Hi Guys

getting closer to getting my first MB ,(2006 E320 sport)
Im wondering how you guys protect the dash from scratches, going down to one key isnt an option as id loose the bloody thing.

Is there a keyring (except those ugly old leather purse things) that may help?

Someone else must have had this before how did you guys resolve the issue.

Thanks

Steve

Only ever have the ignition key, never dangle anything else from it. I always carry the MB key in a separate pocket, no others, no coins etc, etc....

You'll get used to it. ;)

given the price of replacement keys and the fact that I WILL loose the key if I seperate it from the main bunch, I only have 1 door key 1 metal USB stick and 1 metal lost keys reward tracker thing

You are treading a thin line only having the one ignition key anyway. A second key is very highly recommended.

You have lost key insurance?

The car im looking at has 2 keys but loosing 1 would be an expensive mistake. And yes i have lost key insurance

You are treading a thin line only having the one ignition key anyway. A second key is very highly recommended.

You have lost key insurance?

Totally agree, I have 3 keys, slight overkill, I to just keep the key separate I also keep the key in silca clear cover = no marks.

The car im looking at has 2 keys but loosing 1 would be an expensive mistake. And yes i have lost key insurance

How, if you have lost key insurance, would loosing a key be expensive?

Tie one of these bungee straps to the key ring and the other end behind the seat headrest pillars, this will keep the key set away from your precious plastics:

bungee%20ASSMBLIES.jpg

Just be careful when removing the keys from ignition as you could take your eye out.

:D

whitenemesis said:

There's a £500 excess :D

If i have dont have the lost key tag on the keyring noone would know where to send it :) its more of a prepaid reward thing if someone finds your keys the call the nimber on it and tell them the serial number of the tag and the company they call gives a £50 reward and arranges for my keys to be returned

Only ever have the ignition key, never dangle anything else from it. I always carry the MB key in a separate pocket, no others, no coins etc, etc....

You'll get used to it. ;)

As he says !
Simples

I just have the key plus a plastic fob.
Mrs J hangs a mass of iron-mongery on hers.
Result: Her dash is scratched to hell.
Mine is always clear.
;)

I just have key cover which I bought from eBay, does the job well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom