Protest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anarchy-inc

Car
C240
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/vote_2005/england/4484395.stm

I can't believe it!!!!! Protestors from greenpeace today scaled John Prescott’s roof with his wife inside, starting what they called a “non violent” protest. In my book, the moment you step onto my property and climb onto my roof with my family inside, it just became violent.

I love this from the BBC website; "She said they were challenged by armed police, but officers did not stop them once they were told it was a peaceful protest. Ms Yates said: "We made it very clear we were from Greenpeace and we were not going to do any damage.” :eek:

Is this how police really deal with a situation where protestors/trespassers climb on your roof?

Police: “Hi Mr. Burglar, would you mind getting off that roof as it is not your property?”
Protestor: “Oh but we are from greenpeace”
Police: “Well, that’s ok then, carry on”

"Supt Gavin Collinson from Humberside Police said the demonstrators had "stormed" the gates and overwhelmed the armed officers on guard." :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

What complete and utter BS!!!!!! My scenario would be a little different and would quickly end with the protestors in handcuffs being led to the police station.

Last edited:
How do you 'storm' the gates , when armed officers are there ?

Surely the presence of a PC with an MP5 would deter most people, all he has to do is point it at them and tell them to stop ?? :confused:

what if it was Bin Laden and the boys dressed as Greenpeace .....

'Oh no officer, we're Greenpeace, we wont hurt a fly ........'

next thing there's 20 pounds of semtex through the skylight and bullets flying everywhere,

what is wrong with the police nowadays ??? :crazy:

anarchy-inc said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/vote_2005/england/4484395.stm

I can't believe it!!!!! Protestors from greenpeace today scaled John Prescott’s roof with his wife inside, starting what they called a “non violent” protest. In my book, the moment you step onto my property and climb onto my roof with my family inside, it just became violent.

I love this from the BBC website; "She said they were challenged by armed police, but officers did not stop them once they were told it was a peaceful protest. Ms Yates said: "We made it very clear we were from Greenpeace and we were not going to do any damage.” :eek:

Is this how police really deal with a situation where protestors/trespassers climb on your roof?

Police: “Hi Mr. Burglar, would you mind getting off that roof as it is not your property?”
Protestor: “Oh but we are from greenpeace”
Police: “Well, that’s ok then, carry on”

"Supt Gavin Collinson from Humberside Police said the demonstrators had "stormed" the gates and overwhelmed the armed officers on guard." :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

What complete and utter BS!!!!!! My scenario would be a little different and would quickly end with the protestors in handcuffs being led to the police station.
Whatever happened to the peace-loving, non-property-owning, non-profit-making Anarchists who in the spirit of Prince Kropotkin tried to establish a non-capitalist, non-communist state in Spain, leading to their terrible suffering at the hands of Franco's thugs in the Spanish Civil War?

Wha'? Prince Kroppoppwokk wha'? Wot Spanish civil war? Wot the f*** you on abaht?

fwb44 said:
Whatever happened to the peace-loving, non-property-owning, non-profit-making Anarchists . . .

Do I really have to explain the meaning of my name? I thought it was quite obvious. Anarchy-Incorporated . . . . as in, it's not really possible. A joke, funny to some, not to others . . . but nothing to do with real anarchism. :rolleyes:

As it was John Prescott’s roof, who cares ? :D :D :D

Howard said:
How do you 'storm' the gates , when armed officers are there ?

Surely the presence of a PC with an MP5 would deter most people, all he has to do is point it at them and tell them to stop ?? :confused:
If you were unarmed and not threating violence I doubt the police would be able to do anything, as to fire a single shot from a weapon there would be costly investigations and masses of paper work for the officer to fill out and it wouldn't surprise me if his firearms license was tempory taken from him and he would be issued a desk job.(just a guess mind)

pluggers said:
If you were unarmed and not threating violence I doubt the police would be able to do anything, as to fire a single shot from a weapon there would be costly investigations and masses of paper work for the officer to fill out and it wouldn't surprise me if his firearms license was tempory taken from him and he would be issued a desk job.(just a guess mind)

All well and good, but then what is the point of an ARMED officer. In a REAL situation, if terrorists really were trying something, you don't have time to get permission. By the time you wait for that, you're dead.

I'm not suggesting that these protesters should have been shot, but surely there have to be situations where people can't just be let in to do what they want. ESPECIALLY in the prescence of ARMED security.

The only reason these people made it past, is because they know full well that the armed police are powerless to do anything, and are just superficial window dressing making it look like the place is secure.

PJH said:
As it was John Prescott’s roof, who cares ? :D :D :D

I now you are only joking about JP, but this just shows yet another serious lack of security. The last one was the white van driven into the palace with false paperwork. :crazy:

I cannot stand J.P. BUT....

It is inexcusable for the Police to 'allow' these protesters onto the property, it makes it unforgivable that the man's wife was in residence.

I don't give two hoots about the fact that the Police were armed. That point to me in this very particular circumstance is irrelevant. They were Police officers whose duty was to protect the occupants of that particular residence. I don’t care what these protestors claimed to be, they were ‘attacking’ the property of our Deputy Prime Minister (who I still cannot stand) . I doubt very much that a terrorist would introduce themselves as such. Perhaps they might pretend to be peaceful protestors!!!

The protest was 'peaceful' solely because the Police FAILED in their duty to prevent them from trespassing. I don’t care if there was one, or one hundred protestors they should have been stopped. If they then chose to assault the Police to gain access to that obnoxious person’s property then the protest would have changed to one of violence.

The Police should be charged with neglecting their duty.

Sorry for the rant,

John

It was nice to see JPs humble abode. Even better were the posters with "2 Jags" written on them. Now enjoy paying all your fuel duty!

I'm going to have a little rant about the police now, sorry if it offends anyone ;)

A few years ago one of my freinds was attacked by a drunk idiot and was thrown through a plate glass window which severed an artery, as you can imagine there was blood everywhere.
Two police officers witnessed the whole thing from 20yds away and would not intervene untill back up arrived as they thought this drunk bloke too dangerous. I got the drunk bloke in an arm lock and basically because of his struggling and the police officers telling me to just let him go I ended up breaking his arm :eek:
The bloke took me to court and because I have a an ABH conviction from years ago I was found guilty again and had to pay compensation. He got convicted of GBH and my freind has lost part of the feeling in his hand. All because two burly policemen didn't want to chip there bloody nails.
My neighbour is a great big fat ex policeman who lives on a massive disability pension because he was knocked to the ground by a mugger and apparently now cant walk proerly or lift anything because of his constant pain. He has so far managed to build his own extension, conservatory, shed and seems fairly capable of doing almost anything involving heavy lifting. He also manages to wash his car using a garden broom which I find very ammusing.
I work my butt of to pay for this twats lifestyle and yesterday afternoon it all came to a head when he told me not to use my pressure washer to clean my patio at 4.30pm as he was trying to do a barby for some freinds. I pointed out to him that during the week I actually have to work to pay for his pension and if he had a problem to call the police.
He did and they came round to tell me that I was causing a nuiscance and they could get enviromental health involved.
Now if your mugged, stabbed or anything else remotely dangerous the poilice won't turn up, if your cleaning your patio and you live next to a fat, obnoxious idiot who has freinds in the force they will.

Is it any wonder the police are losing any respect they had :mad:

Sorry about the rant but I had to get it off my chest

marcos said:
I'm going to have a little rant about the police now, sorry if it offends anyone ;)

Hi Marcos,
A few people criticise me for going off topic, but I for one can fully understand the reasons for your post. I think my previous contribution to this thread expresses my feelings on this subject. (That includes yours)

You were simply trying to carry out a citizens arrest. I cannot understand how you got convicted. A very small piece of me thinks you are not giving the full picture. BUT...... The greater part of me thinks you were very poorly represented.

If the roles were reversed, and one Police Officer was trying to arrest a very violent person, then he could call on you to come to his assistance. (something in the back of my mind tells me you would be committing an offence to fail to go to the aid of a Police Officer when requested to do so??? I might well be wrong though)

However it is the primary oath a Police Officer takes to protect LIFE!!!! Those officers that stood back were COWARDS, pure and simple. I would say it to their face and I would say it publically.

No doubt you are tempted to video the 'fat slob' and send a copy to the benefits agency.

Sorry to hear of your experience,
John

Afternoon John,

The reason I was convicted was because the officers repeatedly told me not to get involved, I did and ended up breaking his arm whilst bieng shouted at by two police officers.
In hindsight I should have not got involved but in the heat of the moment you do silly things especially when some muppet has just thrown your freind through a plate glass window.
I now have convictions for assault, no one told me that when someone attempts to push a pint glass in your face you have a limit as to how many times you can punch the little worm before it changes from self defence to assault. :eek: The other conviction, well judge for yourself.
If the police had done their job none of it would have happened, maybe I should have listened to them but put yourself in the same situation and what would you have done :confused:

Take care

Marcos

A very good friend of mine has been in the police for over 10 years recently got badly beaten up by 3 thugs when he intervened in a fight. He told he saw a colleague stand back and watch as he got his kick in and he only intervened when backup arrived.
My friend has told me it his colleague like many more new police officers is a down right coward.

Last edited by a moderator:
zooman said:
A very good friend of mine has been in the police for over 10 years recently good a badly beaten up by 3 thugs when he intervened in a fight. He told he saw a colleague stand back and watch as he got his kick in and he only intervened when backup arrived.
My friend has told me it his colleague like many more new police officers is a down right coward.

In all fairness we must be careful not to 'generalise' on this theme. It would appear on the surface that the recruiting of our Police service is changing. A fair portion of recruits were from the services, they had seen the World, drunk a few pints of beer and could also 'handle themselves' in situations that we would shy away from.

Nowadays it would appear that the Police want a more politically correct, educated, glorified form filler. There are obviously some excellent officers that we should be proud of, but the sad reality is that rules, regulations and politically correct supervisors are destroying not only the moral of the Police, but the reputation also.

How many members have had items stolen by so called gypsy's and when reporting it get told how the Police will not go into the site to investigate the theft?

There is an old saying which is very true, "The public get the Police service they deserve." Do we want form fillers or men of action?

It takes a certain type of person to go where others might fear to tread. These are the recruits we should be looking at, not form filling, educated non combatants.

John

glojo said:
Police service

Now there's an interesting comment. I remember when they were called the Police Force. Hmm. :crazy:

Dieselman said:
Now there's an interesting comment. I remember when they were called the Police Force. Hmm. :crazy:

Hi Dieselman,
Interesting how we tend to have these friendly disagreements. ;) :)

Most 'Forces' are actually called Constabulary. Metropolitan being different. A Police 'Force' just has a horrible ring to it. The British 'bobby' tends to Police with the consent of the people, as opposed to the more American yell in your face type approach. I hate the new name of the Northern Ireland 'Constabulary'. (can't bring myself to even say it) :eek: :)

Regards,
John

Going back to the protest.

All I can see is that greenpeace have also highlighted two points.

One, poor security in that they could get into a promient MP's property, and

two, I bet we will soon have a tax on how much co2 our homes put out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom