Protocol for get togethers...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tmienterprises

Hi all,

Going to my first gtg in Kent this Saturday and was wondering if there was any way of recognising the others
- secret handshake / salutes
- or do i just hang about the car park next to a nice looking Merc
- is there a dress code
- does it start at a set time?
- what actually happens?
- if it is unbearably boring, what is an acceptable time to make an excuse and get out from there?

I would be very grateful if anyone could shed some light on this - don't want to go to the gtg and end up at a strippers convention (hmm, not a bad idea) or retired life insurance salesmens conference (apologies in advance to all life insurance salesmen on the board - no offence intended)

Thanks in advance,

Absolute newbie

(goes back to ironing shirt for the gtg)

Just pick who you think the right bunch of people are - as oppossed to just general strangers who own Mercs!

Introduce yourself, get talking, go for rides, sit in cars, look, take snaps, enjoy!!

I spend most of my time trying to remember real names and associating them with forum nick names and the car that person goes with!

You can wear a dress if you want :)

Start time is mentioned in the thread (11:00, IIRC).

Look at other GTG threads for an idea of what goes on! Basically hang out, look at the nice cars, chat, etc.

I am a seasoned veteran, having been to precisely one GTG before! :D Warning ... a look of "engine-gazing" goes on, so make sure your underbonnet area is clean (I didn't). Unless you're going in a 1.1 Corsa or something ;)

Annoyed that I have to go to Germany on Thursday so will miss this one now.

Reactions: PJH
At the Bridgewood manor we park around the back in order to have plenty of space. The hotel provided Tea and coffee last time and food is available at the bar and the restuarants. I'd wrap up warmly as, provided its not raining, you tend to spend a lot of time outdoors looking at or driving in cars.We all forget each others proper names so you can call people their proper name or their forum name or if you forget or cant work out either, "oi you" will work! Weather permitting it should be a great afternoon with lots of lovely cars on display.

Reactions: PJH
Quite a few of us have the Mb club sticker on the backs of our cars. Good point to look for. Being 30 plus mercs there it isnt going to be hard to sort out the salesmen from the club nutters :D

Whats the weather forecast for saturday?

Dry will do fine!

BTW Grav Junction three has been resurfaced after last time;)

Ian B Walker said:
Quite a few of us have the Mb club sticker on the backs of our cars. Good point to look for.

Speaking of which, I missed my chance when those were last printed, didn't I? Are there any left anywhere?

Michele

Ian B Walker said:
....it isnt going to be hard to sort out the salesmen from the club nutters :D
Yes I know you're coming. :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom