Proud dad post (warning - contains dogs & children!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BTB 500

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S205 C300
Some of you will know that my wife and I have both competed in dog agility for many years. Our son Max started training and competing with one of our older Collies at the age of four, and at six got his own puppy from a friend of ours ... a Papillon crossed with a Bearded Collie / Border Collie cross:

cap1.JPG

He called him Woody (after the Toy Story film), trained him himself (with our help of course), and won him up from Grade 1 to Grade 7 (the top level) competing against adults in standard classes.

Max is now 14, and was selected by The Kennel Club to represent Great Britain at the 2022 Junior World Championships (for handlers under 19 years old):

After almost two weeks away (six days of that just travelling to Finland and back) he returns tonight as a double World Champion, having taken both the team and individual gold medals with Woody:

cap2.JPG

cap3.JPG

cap4.JPG

(Here being congratulated by the Team GB Manager and Safeguarding / Support Officer after his final run).

Yes, we're a bit proud! :D

Max also qualified for Team GB with his young Border Collie (Beat), and an older one of mine (Boost). The two Collies are Large and Woody is Medium - the different sizes were competing on different courses in different rings at the same time. So Max was running back & forward between rings switching between different dogs - quite amazing. He managed to take the Individual bronze medal with Boost:

cap.JPG

The logistics of travelling 2,000 miles each way with three dogs post-Brexit were quite a challenge ...

Wonderful to see such commitment, hard work and dedication bringing such deserved rewards, all credit to the young man and to his family for providing him with the support and encouragement he has clearly received 👍👍👍

Max must have grown at least a foot since I last saw him. Well done Max, Woody and mum and dad.

Max must have grown at least a foot since I last saw him. Well done Max, Woody and mum and dad.

Haha yes he's very nearly the same height as me now (I'm 6' 1")!

What an outstanding achievement. Congratulations to you all - it takes a team to make a champion - and in the case a dog 😁

Congratulations Max, some real determination and Amazing achievement!

Wow, what an achievement, that is fantastic 👍😎 we have four dogs that could do with some of Max’s magic, can you send him round ? 😁

Fantastic , well done Max and Woody , ooh and can I send our 1 year old Cockapoo to stay for some obedience training 😂😂😂

well done max woody and parents

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom