Proud new Mercedes owner!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charlie2020

Car
E220d bluetech cabriolet
Hello forums!

Firstly, thanks to you all for sharing your knowledge and experiences across these forums. Much of my research over the last 6 months has led me here, so I thought it was time to stop lurking in the background and say hello

Always been a bit of a petrol head and a keen motorcyclist. I’ve recently owned two cars for 4 years from new (Range Rover Evoque SD4, BMW 320d MSport). This time I wanted to buy a used car around 4 years old after experiencing how much they depreciate from new.
Found the car I wanted (that was within budget and suitable) and oh boy...this is another level! I feel like I did when I got a Peugeot 306 GTI twenty three years ago...and so, a hobby is reborn!

So without straying from the intro, I’m gonna do a load of ‘stuff’ to it, carefully and hopefully tastefully. it will not include an AMG badge, I promise!

Anyway hello and thanks again!

Charlie

Last edited:
Hello and welcome Charlie

Oops sorry! It’s a 2015 E220d Bluetech AMG Line. In white with black roof. Most upgrades including inteligent LED lights.
Really enjoying it. It is a bit tame, but I’m doing 100 miles a day mostly motorway so the ave 50mpg I’m getting is most welcome!

Oops sorry! It’s a 2015 E220d Bluetech AMG Line. In white with black roof. Most upgrades including inteligent LED lights.
Really enjoying it. It is a bit tame, but I’m doing 100 miles a day mostly motorway so the ave 50mpg I’m getting is most welcome!

Sounds very nice - could you post pics please?

Woohoo! Someone who’s interested - I’ve been driving the mrs nuts for months!

Oh hold on, adding pics is not straight forward, I’ll have to work this out.

BMW 320d M sport ....loved mine :)
How you like the SD4. ?....currently on my shopping list ;)

Woohoo! Someone who’s interested - I’ve been driving the mrs nuts for months!

Oh hold on, adding pics is not straight forward, I’ll have to work this out.

Certain method in my madness - we have just seen a lovely MERCEDES E250 CGI AMG SPORT CONVERTIBLE 1.8 and fallen in love, but not sure it would be practical for us (or that we can afford it!!) However, there is a little devil on my shoulder (aka Mrs. Gollom!) saying go for it!

One real issue for us is boot size - please could I ask that you take two pictures (roof up and roof down) with something in there of a suitable size so we can scale the space? Maybe Mrs. Charlie2020 could be persuaded?...……. LOL

Cheers

Ok trying to find the privacy settings for the media album, which is why the links don’t work...seem to have fallen at the first hurdle!

yes of course will post those pics tomorrow. I’ve have been surprised by how spacious the boot has been. Folded up it’s fitted two hard cabin cases and one max size canvas case, but the pics will do the talking.

Ok trying to find the privacy settings for the media album, which is why the links don’t work...seem to have fallen at the first hurdle!

yes of course will post those pics tomorrow. I’ve have been surprised by how spacious the boot has been. Folded up it’s fitted two hard cabin cases and one max size canvas case, but the pics will do the talking.

Cheers. Will the swearword filter cope with your wife's reply? LOL

Trying to work out how to post pictures. I think my media uploads are set to private? Any ideas?

Not for me, sorry

BMW 320d M sport ....loved mine :)
How you like the SD4. ?....currently on my shopping list ;)

Really enjoyed the evoque. They’re super comfortable, the interior (with leather) is basically the same as a top end big brother. They feel big and safe on the road also, but boot space is limited, even less than the bmw I think, awkward shape too.

Not for me, sorry
God none of the pictures have had any views so I don’t think any have worked. Do we HAVE to upload to Flickr or somewhere to post the link? Is there a guide to the media folder settings?

I have never managed to post a picture either, even though I downloaded some to Flikr
There are plenty of posts with instructions on how to do it, try searching on the forum for threads on the subject

A57FFE88-2138-4CB5-A81B-64651BA634CF.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom