Providing a home for a 2002 S320 cdi!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsorrel

MB Enthusiast
Car
'21 C300 Coupe, '20 SLC Final Edition, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
Well, for a week anyway!

A very surprising car! Smooth, amazingly quiet, fast and stylish! I love it! :)

TBH, I expected it to be under powered with the 320 cdi engine, but no way!! More than adequate! I see why it garnered so many awards in it's day!

DSC09702.jpg

DSC09712.jpg

DSC09723.jpg

I've just read that it's a 3222cc 6 cylinder, so different to the 3 litre diesel in the E320 etc! I didn't realise that! Nice silky and powerful engine. Is this lump in any other MBs?

The original was the 3222 as in the 210 and early 211s. Same as the engine in my car (or very nearly).

Ah! I see... Well, an impressive engine in the S class! (has a nice noise too - dare I say, at a little above idle, a bit old school V8 ish!) Also amazing is how the car seems to shrink around you when hustling along! Doesn't feel like car as large as it is!

Ah! I see... Well, an impressive engine in the S class! (has a nice noise too - dare I say, at a little above idle, a bit old school V8 ish!) Also amazing is how the car seems to shrink around you when hustling along! Doesn't feel like car as large as it is!

Thats because it isn't. Not width wise anyway, its not much larger than a 211 width, and a fair chunk smaller than the E65 7 series you had. Having driven the 730d it did feel wider than when I had shot of a members S500L. Now that was a fun car until I parked it:thumb:

The I6 is in the earlier 211's (upto mid 2005), the 210's and 220's. Just looking in your 220, no comand and a tape deck. Please tell me there is a cd changer in the boot.

MB probably switched to a V6 as its more compact and could it could fit in more cars (vito's, C classes etc).

Please tell me there is a cd changer in the boot.
:D Yes, there is!! I thought the same when I first got in!!

And yeah, you're right about the width - my S211 doesn't feel smaller.

730d was a much bigger car and in some ways better, but no where near as elegant looking - mind you, my old XJ Sovereign took the prize for that IMO! :)

I agree! But it's not mine, I'm just looking after it for the week! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom