Provisional - Testing Interest - A190 W168

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

David404

Car
GLE350d (W166)
In process of persuading my Dad that its time to give up driving - he is now 90 so its time but obviously its a big decision for my Dad so we're not quite there yet despite the fact that he's not been in his car for several months...

So testing interest on the forum and to a forum member would disclose as much as I know about the car good and bad.

Pictures to follow in a few days but an outline.

Solid Blue - Petrol - Auto - 51 plate - 74500'ish miles which I believe is genuine please review MOT history (FP51 KTN). MOT to 27 July 2018. Will check but I'm 99% sure this is the rarer Long Wheel Base version - the leg room in the back is astonishing.

The good bits
had new battery couple of months ago, it started first time an instantly when I started it last week after it had stood for 7-8 weeks.
Only took it around the block last week but I believe the A/C is working - yep that surprised me too.
Seemed to drive OK but I'll look to do a few more miles in it.
For a 51 plate it looks reasonably tidy, would clean up nice, might give it a go if there's interest
No pets, - non smokers.
Owners handbook & wallet still present.

The bad
Only the drivers elec window works correctly all the others go down OK but struggle to go back up. Its a guess but I'd be surprised if any of the other windows had been used in many years. Good chance this would be fixed with lubrication
Some rust on very edge of wheel arch but not too bad - will photograph.
Trim strip on bottom of N/S/R door adrift - again will photograph.

To a forum member £200 will tell you all I know about it honestly, inspect as much as you like.

PM me if you want a chat or copy data card.

I'd like to thank everybody who expressed an interest in this but following discussions have agreed a sale in principle to a member of the wider family. Not finally concluded but I don't envisage problems.

Unless I post otherwise please consider the vehicle sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom