Ps3 latest update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cinek

MB Enthusiast
Car
MB W204 , BMW F10, GSXR LZ3
In case you owe ps3, or your kids do, do not install the latest update 4.45.
In has been released in the last 24hours and there are reports coming in from all over the place, confirming the device is rendered useless following the update.

Last edited:
Dont know, apparently sony took the update off line, asking users to wait for further information.

jotter22 said:
Does that mean no further up dates or are sony repairing the issue?

It said on the radio earlier Sony are advising customers not to try and remedy the problem themselves but await a further software update.

As an aside, I strongly recommend backing up your hard disk from time to time. Earlier this year I had a game lock up (pretty rare on the PS3) and had to power it off to get out. Result was a corrupt filesystem - I lost everything ... six years worth of game save data :(

I used to back it up periodically but stopped after fitting a bigger hard drive a few years ago. I didn't even have the old backups as that 'spare' external drive had subsequently been used to back up a netbook :doh:

I have never backed up anything on PS3, I know it would be rather annoying to loose all the data, but it would be even more annoying for the wife whilst I am trying to get it all back ;)

I haven't even thought of trying to get it back - every game I have, set back to the beginning. Couldn't face GT5, starting with a Yaris or something again!

lol you wait until you lose all your prestige levels on Call of Duty makes the yaris like a Veyron!

Tony.

Your COD levels are stored online so you wont have lost those.

It's only local settings like volume / look inversion and that sort of thing you lose.

GT5 is annoying though as you do lose everything.

My old PS3 stopped starting up a while ago and I wasn't able to fix it.

I bought another one and I had done some backups periodically - but I'd not backed up my GT5 stuff as it was too large so lost my progress on that - albeit not a lot but I did lose a bonus racing car.

I now have a large enough memory stick to backup all the data and do it periodically.

Your COD levels are stored online so you wont have lost those.

It's only local settings like volume / look inversion and that sort of thing you lose.

GT5 is annoying though as you do lose everything.

My old PS3 stopped starting up a while ago and I wasn't able to fix it.

I bought another one and I had done some backups periodically - but I'd not backed up my GT5 stuff as it was too large so lost my progress on that - albeit not a lot but I did lose a bonus racing car.

I now have a large enough memory stick to backup all the data and do it periodically.

COD levels might be stored online if you can remember your email address and pass word (after your teenage son set up your account)!
Tony.

I too bought our first ps3 for my son. Yes he was under 2 years old at the time, but it seemed like a good excuse to give ;)

IIRC you used to be able to back up just game save data, but I think they removed this option when online backup was introduced via Playstation Plus (a subscription service). AFAIK you can only back up the whole disk now, which is something of a pain.

You can definitely just do specific game data as that's what I did before putting an HD in my lad's 12Gb one.

Yes you can - that's why my busted PS3 didn't screw me over with anything other than GT5.

You can do it for an individual game (one by one) but there used to be an option to back up all game save data.

So the complete opposite of what you said before :doh:

So the complete opposite of what you said before :doh:

Eh?

There are 2 options:

1. Back up entire disk
2. Back up save data for a single game

There used to be an option to back up game save data for all games, but there isn't any more.

Which of that is the complete opposite of what I said before?

=you used to be able to back up just game save data .... you can only back up the whole disk now, which is something of a pain.

That bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom