PSA: Service Care Plans 20 Discount Code

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulXC

SUPPORTER
Car
2018 E220d S213 ||| 2012 E500 4.7 V8 Bi-Turbo Cabrio ||| 2021 Mercedes Sprinter Hymer Camper Van
I was just about to put my E500 back on a service care plan as I paid cash for the cheap A service last year. The next two are going to be the pricey ones - spark plugs, gearbox oil etc ...

The plan was £42/month for two years but Mercedes are currently offering a 20% discount if you quote code SC20, see here: - Service Plan Discount Code.

Reduces it to £33.60 per month for me.

I think this was just announced today as T & C states "Applicable to all ServiceCare plans purchased in full online between 01.07.20 – 30.09.20"

Although it offered me a discount on the monthly paid plans online the T&C's say ......

The discount is applicable to all ServiceCare plans purchased in full online via: servicecare.mercedes-benz.co.uk, paid in full at time of purchase, between 1 July 2020 and 30 September 2020, unless amended or removed by Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited.

Offer only available online via servicecare.mercedes-benz.co.uk

Excludes all ServiceCare Plans paid monthly on Direct Debit schedules

Although it offered me a discount on the monthly paid plans online the T&C's say ......

The discount is applicable to all ServiceCare plans purchased in full online via: servicecare.mercedes-benz.co.uk, paid in full at time of purchase, between 1 July 2020 and 30 September 2020, unless amended or removed by Mercedes-Benz Cars UK Limited.

Offer only available online via servicecare.mercedes-benz.co.uk

Excludes all ServiceCare Plans paid monthly on Direct Debit schedules
So basically 20% discount on prepaid plans only. Wow.

Just tried it on my 2009 E320cdi, with discount the cheapest option is £42pm :eek:

So basically 20% discount on prepaid plans only. Wow.

I guess it depends where you are in the service schedule.

Mine is due two expensive services - one in July and one in July 2021 - the plans works out very good value even If I pay upfront. I need to keep it dealer serviced as I've just renewed the extended warranty @ £495 for the year.

I guess it depends where you are in the service schedule.

Mine is due two expensive services - one in July and one in July 2021 - the plans works out very good value even If I pay upfront. I need to keep it dealer serviced as I've just renewed the extended warranty @ £495 for the year.
I still don’t see the benefit for you. Lets say you are taking 2y plan which is £806.40 at quoted £33.6. Will those two expensive services be covered with such plan?

I still don’t see the benefit for you. Lets say you are taking 2y plan which is £806.40 at quoted £33.6. Will those two expensive services be covered with such plan?
Yes, have you priced up spark plugs and gearbox fluid/filter change at a main dealer?

£403.20 for a B service including spark plugs at a main dealer is really cheap :)

The following A service for the same price if it includes the ATF replacement is a bargain also :thumb:

Just tried it for my vehicle, it doesn’t like the ‘SC20’ code for some reason?

I think it’s because you can’t select the annual payment/pay up front on the menu? Still let’s you select a pay up front plan if you proceed to pay, but won’t allow the code to enter as it doesn’t see it selected before that?

I have been trying to claim the offer as well - apparently MB are having 'technical issues' with allowing the discount but once they get it working participating dealers will launch a promo campaign and you deal direct with them to take out the plan/get the discount.

20% discount is a fair price for lending the MB behemoth some £££ to help them manage their cash flow..

would have gladly done my bit to help troubled MB dealers with their cash position if this offer was available when I renewed my plan a few months ago.....

It won’t recognise any of my registration numbers. Then when I manually select the model it says the code can’t be accepted

Think you need to tick pay all up front before it will accept the code.
It won’t recognize our registration numbers, which is odd. Must call them because 20% is a fair saving.

I don’t think the registration numbers will be the only problem - it’s recognising mine fine and comes up with the correct model and the amounts are all correct, but there is no way of selecting the amount of services/years you want the plan for if you want to pay upfront. So it won’t accept the code as you either click on nothing (as there’s no annual/upfront plan to click) or select a monthly one (for which the code doesn’t work!)

I’ll give it a few days and then ring them if it’s still not working, but the offer stipulates it’s for up front payments and has to be done online etc :doh:

I don’t think the registration numbers will be the only problem - it’s recognising mine fine and comes up with the correct model and the amounts are all correct, but there is no way of selecting the amount of services/years you want the plan for if you want to pay upfront. So it won’t accept the code as you either click on nothing (as there’s no annual/upfront plan to click) or select a monthly one (for which the code doesn’t work!)

I’ll give it a few days and then ring them if it’s still not working, but the offer stipulates it’s for up front payments and has to be done online etc :doh:
Will is it failing to recognise your registration numbers too? I can’t even find the GT on the manual list. Shame as I was about to go for it on a few cars.

I just took out one out for the Smart a few weeks ago. My usual dealer can’t do Smart and so little chance of a discount, they quoted £300 for the second service 😳

I want to keep it in the dealer network but I have to say £300 will put most people off. It’s supposed to be a small affordable city car, albeit expensive for a small affordable city car! 😁

Will is it failing to recognise your registration numbers too? I can’t even find the GT on the manual list. Shame as I was about to go for it on a few cars.

I just took out one out for the Smart a few weeks ago. My usual dealer can’t do Smart and so little chance of a discount, they quoted £300 for the second service 😳

I want to keep it in the dealer network but I have to say £300 will put most people off. It’s supposed to be a small affordable city car, albeit expensive for a small affordable city car! 😁
It’s recognising my registration fine, comes up with the correct model, shows the pricing (£52/month or £624 PA) but it doesn’t allow you to select an option for upfront payment on the pricing table (just has the various 2/3/4 services paid monthly over 1/2/3/4 years.

7230145D-E264-4AA4-B2CF-6548E3970E28.jpeg

If you click on one of the monthly options on the table for some reason you can proceed to the upfront payment part underneath (eg £1872 for three services) but then you can’t apply the voucher code :doh:

I’m in no rush but would probably use it to cover the next three on mine (B, A, B) - needs plugs next year and brake fluid etc so with the promotion it seems decent enough value. 20% off helps :)

Crazy price for the Smart! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom