PSS10 Install on 507

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkRS

Car
C63 Edition 507
Thought I'd share the install on the 507. Wanted to improve the pretty decent handling for some more focused track duty (Ring trackday at the start of July is next on the calendar). After MUCH deliberation I went with the PSS10's as they're monotube and Intermotiv can get them revalved and resprung if needed down the line. It helps I also got a great price on them.

Went with Intermotiv in Horsley and I have to say Jonathan has been an absolute star so far. He put up with so many mails from me it's untrue and really helped make up my mind. He's corner weighting the car and also taken templates of the top mounts so I can get some camber adjustable ones dropped in later :) He even advised of a grease release on the offside from top mount. Car should be complete tomorrow giving me enough time to fiddle with settings and let them settle. 25mm drop currently.

9907cy.jpg

33tpchk.jpg

s6kd8o.jpg

sfxhz6.jpg

2zgyh4l.jpg

That looks like a nice set up and a nice chunky insert tube. That will also help the precision and for the dampers to do their work nicely.

That looks like a nice set up and a nice chunky insert tube. That will also help the precision and for the dampers to do their work nicely.

Ok so picked the car up tonight. The attention to detail from Jonathan has been remarkable, so so impressed and that takes a lot for me to say. The car is set around 30mm lower front and rear and (as per pics) Jonathan has tried to get the balance of car as close to 50/50 as he can without making the car look odd. Fronts are set on 5 hard (out of 10) and 4 rear. I've driven about 20 miles on local roads with a bit of traffic but done the usual throw it round a few roundabouts, some rougher surfaces etc and the dampers feel less crashy (something I noticed when I fitted the lighter wheels) but nicely firm. I think it could go stiffer on the road as it feels quite soft (harder than stock just about) but it really feels planted when you throw it into a corner...so far so good!

2jct289.jpg

jijex0.jpg

abtufr.jpg

hujfgi.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom