Puddle lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gazwould

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 CDI
Didn't think I had any , they're there but useless 5W 501 capless bulbs .

Get 501 led or led projector (recommendations ) for facelift S204 ?

I bought LED projectors off eBay cheap, (about £9 for 4!), the ones I chose have a circle of light with the 3 pointed star and Mercedes underneath, to me they don't light the ground enough (although better than the original 501's!) but SWMBO likes them! Plenty to choose from on eBay.

I bought the brightest LEDs I could fit, I live rurally so they are really useful. Really modernises the look of the car, too.

Projectors are... not to my taste!

One downside I noticed to the projectors i bought - the red part that warns others you have the door open is not as bright as with the orignal 501's - which is why I have not fitted the second set to the rear doors!

Teddy, can you provide a link to the LED's you bought please!

I bought LED projectors off eBay cheap, (about £9 for 4!), the ones I chose have a circle of light with the 3 pointed star and Mercedes underneath, to me they don't light the ground enough (although better than the original 501's!) but SWMBO likes them! Plenty to choose from on eBay.

I bought 2 sets of door puddle projector lights from eBay and ended up sending them both back for a refund.
Neither were very bright and just not worth changing.

I think I'm limited to new projector types as the clear lense part is a just a streak.

2020-01-21 19.11.31.jpg

2020-01-21 19.09.31.jpg

What we're they thinking ?

Replaced mine with LED`s , much improved. comparison between F + R below.

K

Oh I see. Well, that sucks. Still, I'd bet a bright LED in there giving everything a bright red glow would look very cool. Interesting to see what the actual bulb holder looks like first though.

Update to this thread 2 years later and the egay projector puddle lights looked great .

Untitled-1.jpg

But aren't shock proof to a shutting door and now look like this .

20220121_174705.jpg

Mine still look as good as those in the first picture.........hang on, those are mine in the first picture 😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom