PUKE?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This one has slipped under my radar onto the market recently. The new version of the somewhat mystifyingly popular Nissan Juke. Its been rounded off slightly in the looks department but its unclear if this is an entirely new platform * or just a new set of clothes. Love it or loath it -its on sale now.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
AND
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

* correction its evidently a new platform CMFB with a possible hybrid version in the pipeline which might influence floorpan architecture?
Certainly beaten with the ugly stick

Would be interested to know what the initial buying appeal for you was? Alledgedly it was first small SUV type crossover- Was Nissan the first to identify/create a market sector that was waiting to be filled? Did people buy it for its looks or despite them? Did it represent very good value for money? It would develop a reputation for reliability but how many people knew that for sure at the point of sale? Or was it simply "the package"? Its one of these secrets manufacturers' marketing people would give their eye teeth for!
My sister in law bought one , she has no interest whatsoever in cars or driving , and bought it without as much as sitting in one .

This , I suspect , is not atypical of the buyer profile ?

Three miles of stop / start driving on a daily basis doesn't do much for a healthy mpg figure. Try similar in your ancient V8 and you will be lucky to get it into double figures.

By comparison my sons 1.25 Fiesta averages 32 around town , my BMW 440i sees just over 20 mpg and that is with stop / start activated and my diesel Subaru will average 35 ish around town. My previous CLS 350d would be lucky to average over 20mpg on the same commute.

K
Sounds like electric would be just the thing for that run

I had a Matra-Simca Ranchero!

Turned out to be a very endearing car....loads of room, comfortable ride and bloody cheap! (I paid about 600 quid for a V-Reg in 1995).

Didn't really need 4WD which is lucky as it hasn't got it, but loads of ground clearance and was great for transporting bikes around.

Massively flawed Chrysler Alpine engine and ridiculously low gearing soured it for me though. More than 70 mph needed ear defenders....

Reactions: 219
Really ?

5eaf9100-8fc7-4753-8da3-c5e320de8855-jpeg.88790

Hmm, what a looker! :D

My sister in law bought one , she has no interest whatsoever in cars or driving , and bought it without as much as sitting in one .

This , I suspect , is not atypical of the buyer profile ?

My other half is not really interested in cars or driving either so certainly tallies there!

I think "certain posters" are being very unkind about the Rancho styling, especially in a thread about the Duke!

There wasn't really a lot of fibreglass on it, just the "high" bits at the back. Underneath, it was pure Chrysler/Talbot Horizon, with the torsion bar springs notched-round a spline or two to raise the ride height. Guess it was lower geared to allow for the greater frontal area, It was certainly no Autobahn-stormer!

I liked the other Matra with the same engine - the Bagheera S. I even drove one a few times.

The wife liked her old Juke so another one was purchased today ,a white 68 Plate Tekna with the Bose system.

They are doing some sensible deals on the outgoing models , almost half list price for one that is just eleven months old.

K

Last edited:
The wife liked her old Juke so another one was purchased today ,a white 68 Plate Tekna with the Bose system.

They are doing some sensible deals on the outgoing models , almost half list price for one that is just eleven months old.

K

What's the new BOSE system like if you've tried it?

I noticed this was available.

I think "certain posters" are being very unkind about the Rancho styling, especially in a thread about the Duke!

This one?

the-duke-of-edinburgh-cropped.jpg

Yes to the three seats across. Not sure about Top Gear.

What's the new BOSE system like if you've tried it?

No , the car was purchased (reserved) from another branch of AC and is getting delivered to my local one on Thursday.

I will report back with my findings later in the week. As far as the Bose goes then who knows :rolleyes:, it is supposed to have six uprated Bose speakers and further two built into the drivers headrest for “an immersive 360-degree listening experience through Bose digital sound processing” , according to the sales blurb.

As it is the wifes car i am not really too bothered about it but as it is the outgoing model it certainly is fully loaded , much more so then the Acenta Premium she has at present.

K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom