Pull back stalk...flash doesn't work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GregE240

Car
1990 500SL
Any ideas, anyone?

Its a 1990 500SL (R129).

I'm guessing new column stalk needed? Any idea how much?

Thanks,
Greg

GregE240 said:
Any ideas, anyone?

Its a 1990 500SL (R129).

I'm guessing new column stalk needed? Any idea how much?

Thanks,
Greg
This happened on my W140 and it needed a new stalk. Don't remember how much it was as it was in with other stuff, but im thinking somewhere around 80 quid..

Cheers Frog. All other functions on the stalk are okay, but I recall someone on here had a similar problem with the multi function stalk and replacement was the solution.

Thanks,
Greg

fuzzer said:
does it come on if you push forward?
Main beam does Jason, yes.

All other functions work....wiper speeds, indicators and main beam, only the flash doesn't work.

I'd wondered why people weren't pulling out in front of me when I flashed them.....that'll be why....!

Greg

GregE240 said:
Main beam does Jason, yes.

All other functions work....wiper speeds, indicators and main beam, only the flash doesn't work.

I'd wondered why people weren't pulling out in front of me when I flashed them.....that'll be why....!

Greg

maybe thats a cheap workaround rather than the hundreds of pounds for a new one to just flip it forward or something

hmm , never thought about it till now .. but does that work with the lights in the off position ?

fuzzer said:
maybe thats a cheap workaround rather than the hundreds of pounds for a new one to just flip it forward or something

hmm , never thought about it till now .. but does that work with the lights in the off position ?
No, doesn't work at all. Tried all combos - lights off / on, IGN on / off. According to the DC online price list, the new stalk is 80 Euros, so not that bad.

GregE240 said:
No, doesn't work at all. Tried all combos - lights off / on, IGN on / off. According to the DC online price list, the new stalk is 80 Euros, so not that bad.

I think when mine broke, it must have been a bad contact or something. I sat there one day and tried it hundreds of times (must have been a bit bored that day), and eventually, I got a flash out of it! Just the one tho!

80 Euros isnt bad! Sure I got charged more than that!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom