Pulled over by the feds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

p1nny

Car
c220 CDI Avantgarde
Right, well I got pulled last night. apparently my plates were in a fuel theft in london. Never driven there, was working day it happend and it was a Zafira not a c class that stole it. I rang up and sorted this out...i thought. copper did PNL check and it still pinged up so he pulled me. He was just pissy cause he couldnt keep up on the backroads and I never went over 60 or out my lane. he had a real good look around the car, tax insurance licence etc and went off very unhappy.

Is there anyway I can get that PNL flagged to say it was not me in my merc so i dont get pulled all the time? Or was he just using that as an excuse to pull me to see if i had had a drink?

You'll have to contact the Police in the area the 'crime' happened.

Unfortunately, it will probably mean your plate will have a marker for a while.

My old C Class had something similar - I was pulled at least 6 different times by different forces. Think there was a cloned car driving around although mine was the real deal!

I bought a car once that had a marker on it because its owner was a disqualified drink driver, I got stopped in it 3 times in one day. This particular car happened to be bright orange and highly noticeable; after a week and 8 tugs I pulled the engine and gearbox out and scrapped it!

I bought the private plate i have on there now, dnt wana have to go buy another.... did find bollorx on auction the other day. wudnt mind that. bollorx to them all lol

the zafira may still be driving around with your plate hence it will still be flagged for a while.

Right, well I got pulled last night. apparently my plates were in a fuel theft in london. Never driven there, was working day it happend and it was a Zafira not a c class that stole it.

He had a real good look around the car, tax insurance licence etc and went off very unhappy.

I would be somewhat concerned that they didn't figure that it wasn't a Zafira.

This sounds like a major stupidity in process of flagging of plates. Half baked business process with half baked IT with half baked handling of the information.

Right, well I got pulled last night. apparently my plates were in a fuel theft in london. Never driven there, was working day it happend and it was a Zafira not a c class that stole it. I rang up and sorted this out...i thought. copper did PNL check and it still pinged up so he pulled me. He was just pissy cause he couldnt keep up on the backroads and I never went over 60 or out my lane. he had a real good look around the car, tax insurance licence etc and went off very unhappy.

Is there anyway I can get that PNL flagged to say it was not me in my merc so i dont get pulled all the time? Or was he just using that as an excuse to pull me to see if i had had a drink?

Getting pulled by the Feds isn't as unpleasant as getting caught by the fuzz. :D

I would be somewhat concerned that they didn't figure that it wasn't a Zafira.

This sounds like a major stupidity in process of flagging of plates. Half baked business process with half baked IT with half baked handling of the information.

Sounds an awful lot like coppers really dont it, thick, useless with crap attitude and no common sense

Getting pulled by the Feds isn't as unpleasant as getting caught by the fuzz. :D

ha ha they wudnt have caught me if i had put the hammer down, just werent sure if they had got my plate when i went past them.

Sounds an awful lot like coppers really dont it, thick, useless with crap attitude and no common sense

Cant't imagine why the officer who stopped you went round your vehicle to ensure it was all correct.

Your just a charmer.

Anyhows back to giving you a bit of advice, it's PNC by the way, not PNL.

You could go to your local police sation with your V5 and ask to talk with the Duty Officer about it. I do feel though that untill they have recovered or stopped the other vehicle, the marker will remain. Else this other vehicle will keep knocking about stealing fuel etc.

I would also get a ref number as you may get NIP's in the post for Gatso's etc and if you have this you should be able to deal by post instead of court.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Simon

Last edited:

I have never met one like that. Cant say the same for the fake police but the trained officers do not need to prove a point.

It seems to me in life that many people treat you with the respect your attitude towards them deserves. Perhaps that's why I've only ever met thoroughly decent coppers who are on many subjects extremely knowledgeable.

The only coppers I have met who were a little less than fully professional were the arresting officers when I got assaulted by a drunken vagrant as I walked back from the local shop after returning from a wedding on a Sunday evening. They took my statement, typed it one fingered and their spelling was so bad I re-typed it myself. By the third draft I thought they were getting a bit bored. I finally got out after midnight.

They had their revenge - a pack of bacon had fallen out of my shopping into the van, so they rang me at 5am when they came off shift to ask me if I wanted it. I think I gave them cooking instructions, but I might have missed out the words 'under a grill', when I told them where to shove it.

Last edited:

Looks like you should have learnt to read and write properly before you start slagging off police officers :)

I don't see to point in being rude to the police. Mind you I've only ever spent one night in a police cell. Years ago I was in Germany on business and couldn't find a hotel anywhere. Everything was booked solid. I saw a police station so I thought I might as well go in and ask if they knew anywhere to stay. They informed me that as far as they know everywhere was booked in a 100 mile radius as there was some sort of conference happening. However if I wanted to use a Police cell I was welcome!

They did tell me that if there was a riot or a sudden crime wave they'd throw me out. Fortunately it seemed to be a quiet night and I slept well. I even got a free breakfast in the canteen.

Most of my dealings with the officers of the law have been polite and cordial on their part, and the same from me in response. I did have one recently use "Oi, you, sunshine" as his opening gambit.

I believe in my reply I told him to go forth and fornicate with himself, or alternatively we could restart the conversation with "Excuse me sir", at which point he would find me much more helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom